PDA

View Full Version : Rear Windshield Wiper

Four_X_What
06-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Tonight when It was raining my rear windshield wiper got stuck in the down position. So I turned it on and was trying to pull it up. Of course it started going as soon as I broke it. How hard is it to change? Not the wiper itself but the piece that holds the wiper. The motor works fine. But the piece that holds the wiper is snapped in half. Im guessing it is a solid piece that you install from the other side of the rear hatch. Seems like it would be an easy part to find at a junk yard?

4.3LXJ
06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
You are right, all that stuff is readily available at a JY. Just remove the inside panel. But do it carefully. It is held on by push in nylon fasteners. They don't like letting go and can sometimes break the attachment to the panel first.

Four_X_What
06-04-2010, 03:41 PM
You are right, all that stuff is readily available at a JY. Just remove the inside panel. But do it carefully. It is held on by push in nylon fasteners. They don't like letting go and can sometimes break the attachment to the panel first.

Ok thank you. Hopefully I get a chance to go tomorrow and pull one.
:thumbsup:

alwaysxj
06-04-2010, 09:56 PM
i cannot stand not having a wiper on the back it sucks.

Four_X_What
06-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the help but im an idiot. Rene showed me its just the windshield wiper that I broke. Not the whole piece lol.

alwaysxj
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
that is kind of what i was thinking too....

Four_X_What
06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
lol yes much easier fix haha

rguignard
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
lol yes much easier fix haha

i do have the wiper if you need it :thumbsup: just let me know

Mudderoy
06-07-2010, 11:30 AM
i do have the wiper if you need it :thumbsup: just let me know

See this is why I was thinking name tags for the meet and greet. Now I know who this guy is! I remember the broken rear wiper! lol

Four_X_What
06-08-2010, 01:03 AM
See this is why I was thinking name tags for the meet and greet. Now I know who this guy is! I remember the broken rear wiper! lol

lol i could use the wiper! mudderroy you can me broken wiper. Its my native name.

Mudderoy
06-08-2010, 01:04 AM
lol i could use the wiper! mudderroy you can me broken wiper. Its my native name.

Man oh man, I don't think I'd use that one very much. Your Mom, girlfriend, wife could all use it against you, and around a group of men you'd be toast. :D

rguignard
06-08-2010, 08:25 AM

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

Thomass
06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Man oh man, I don't think I'd use that one very much. Your Mom, girlfriend, wife could all use it against you, and around a group of men you'd be toast. :D

Now i understand why my girlfriend , disapprove the glass-coating on my rear and side windows :(