PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with texas sports....

alwaysxj
06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
so i don't know if any of you guy's and gals follow sports or not...
all i have to say is what is wrong can you texans just not finish a season out good..... you blew it in the football game and now you blew it in the baseball game.

go BAMA and LSU :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
06-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Texas has had recent championship teams.

alwaysxj
06-06-2010, 12:00 AM
i know that i was just saying they lost in two sports in one year that sucks. hope next year is a better year for them.

Mudderoy
06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I followed sports when I was younger, pre-adult. Astros always lost, Oilers always lost. Rockets won but that was after I was an adult.

I was watching a Seinfeld routine one night and he said you don't root for the players, you root for the jerseys. Few, if any, of the players are from that town. They are just hired guns, so to speak.

I didn't like the cost of the tickets, the price of the stadiums that tax payers were expected to fork over for people that were over paid for what little entertainment value the offered, at least to me.

I don't follow sports. I don't watch sports. I certainly don't discuss sports. When the news switches to sports, I switch to something else. I have no interest. Don't even get me started on the Olympics.

So absolutely nothing wrong if you enjoy sports and it makes your existence that much better. To each his own, but I learned my lesson about wasting time on watching sports long ago.

alwaysxj
06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
i love to watch sports sports but mostly baseball is all i watch and i like to watch college more then major. i do not watch basketball unless it is collage. it seems when you get older the less you watch sports.

but i will always watch something if their is a jeep on it.....

Mudderoy
06-07-2010, 12:54 PM
i love to watch sports sports but mostly baseball is all i watch and i like to watch college more then major. i do not watch basketball unless it is collage. it seems when you get older the less you watch sports.

but i will always watch something if their is a jeep on it.....

Well baseball is my game. Peewee through Pony league. I can watch a baseball game, but I usually don't. Football can be exciting, if they are some good plays, but it's just not worth my time to watch it.

From the number of guys that come up to me and try to start a conversation by talking sports, I suspect a fair number of men just watch sports so they can talk to other men! :rotfl2:

Not me, I just smile nod my head, and if they keep talking about sports I tell them I don't follow sports. The look lost. :popcorn:

alwaysxj
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
i don't go talk to others about sports much but i do think it is funny when people in the office ask me about the jazz and i say they suck they will never win and i do not watch them.... the look on their face is good.