PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice, opinions

97BlkXJ
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
My rear leafs are pretty much flatter than flat, will add-a-leafs from a lift kit help or will they give way and sag? Should I replace the pack? Is the Rough Country 3" kit a good choice? Thanks.

Mudderoy
06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
My rear leafs are pretty much flatter than flat, will add-a-leafs from a lift kit help or will they give way and sag? Should I replace the pack? Is the Rough Country 3" kit a good choice? Thanks.

I have read that AAL are stiffer and I know from first hand experience they are noisy. I replaced my AAL RC 4.5 with RC full 4.5 leave packs. I love them. About $200 shipped, or were.

rguignard
06-02-2010, 08:16 PM

the 3in RC kit is a good kit i have it on my xj but if your rear springs are flat get the leafs :thumbsup:

97BlkXJ
06-02-2010, 08:57 PM
So even the add-a-leafs can be noisy? My brother has a 2" Rubicon Express kit if I get stock springs and shackles, but I'm not sure I'll be happy with the 2". If the best ride comes from a new full pack, I'm just gonna save and get the Old Man Emu kit and call it a day. :D

4.3LXJ
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
If you r springs are weak, an AAL will raise the rear end. But because they end up holding the vehicle up by themselves they will eventually loose their arch and sag. Then you will be in the same place you are now. If you are looking for a lift, the best thing is to pony up and get the full spring packs. You will be much happier in the end,

97BlkXJ
06-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will be getting myself some leafs ASAP.