PDA

View Full Version : 97BlkXJ has joined!

xjjeepthing
06-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Glad you could find xjtalk and join us 97BlkXJ!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself. What drew you to the board. Post up some pics of your stuff. ;)

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

97BlkXJ
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome. My name is Dan and I'm from the eastern panhandle of WV. I just traded my brother my 1999 Ranger for his 1997 XJ so that I could have a 4 wheel drive capable of hauling the family in case of snow (at least that's what I told my wife). Really I spent some time this past hunting season in my brother YJ and got hooked on Jeepin. The XJ is totally stock right now, unless you count the 2" shackles my bro put on to compensate for the flattened springs. I am looking now to get some new springs and a set of stock shackles for it to get it back to where it should be, then maybe a 2 inch Rubicon Express kit. I'm not sure on the lift size yet so I jumped on the interweb to find some forums and found this place. I hope to learn and research and build myself a nice all purpose Jeep (hunting/fishing/camping and some daily driving). I don't have pics yet but I will be getting some as I put on stuff. Where can I find some pics of 2" and 3" lifted XJ's?

Mudderoy
06-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome. My name is Dan and I'm from the eastern panhandle of WV. I just traded my brother my 1999 Ranger for his 1997 XJ so that I could have a 4 wheel drive capable of hauling the family in case of snow (at least that's what I told my wife). Really I spent some time this past hunting season in my brother YJ and got hooked on Jeepin. The XJ is totally stock right now, unless you count the 2" shackles my bro put on to compensate for the flattened springs. I am looking now to get some new springs and a set of stock shackles for it to get it back to where it should be, then maybe a 2 inch Rubicon Express kit. I'm not sure on the lift size yet so I jumped on the interweb to find some forums and found this place. I hope to learn and research and build myself a nice all purpose Jeep (hunting/fishing/camping and some daily driving). I don't have pics yet but I will be getting some as I put on stuff. Where can I find some pics of 2" and 3" lifted XJ's?

Sounds good and sounds like the way the majority of us got started. Had something nice but just wanted to tweek it a little bit. It will be fun reading/watching your build. Welcome.

1ATony
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
welcome to the site.

ol"blue
06-07-2010, 12:07 PM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

97BlkXJ
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Looks like I'll be getting a 2" and tires for fathers day! I'll get picks up afterwards.

Melissa
06-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Hello and Welcome!!