PDA

View Full Version : XJs not for Mudding?

Four_X_What
06-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Well I went offroading this weekend with a few members on here, so my Jeep is a little dirty. I was at the gas station filling up when some jacked up trucks pulled in(A couple of old fords, a H2, and a new FJ. The guys came up to me and asked why my Jeep was muddy, because "Jeeps arent made for offroad". Saying my Jeep looked funny because it is jacked up. I told the kids im sorry daddy wont buy me a 50k vehicle to play in. I challanged them to try and off road with me, or fight me one at a time(I was locked up in Harris County, and was in the Marines so Im not really scared of much lol). They didnt want either and said that their trucks are for looks and not the mud. SO what was the point of the conversation? Im sad to say I was a Ford owner and had the same mentality lol.

cantab27
06-01-2010, 02:56 AM
wouldn't worry about it mate,, sound like a bunch of knobs......will grow up one day, shit might even see the light and get a jeep :eek:
sounds like there rigs wouldnt be worth :pee: on even if they were on fire ........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rguignard
06-01-2010, 06:22 AM
there wouldnt be able to go any of the places we went tell them to go to hike :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
06-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Well I went offroading this weekend with a few members on here, so my Jeep is a little dirty. I was at the gas station filling up when some jacked up trucks pulled in(A couple of old fords, a H2, and a new FJ. The guys came up to me and asked why my Jeep was muddy, because "Jeeps arent made for offroad". Saying my Jeep looked funny because it is jacked up. I told the kids im sorry daddy wont buy me a 50k vehicle to play in. I challanged them to try and off road with me, or fight me one at a time(I was locked up in Harris County, and was in the Marines so Im not really scared of much lol). They didnt want either and said that their trucks are for looks and not the mud. SO what was the point of the conversation? Im sad to say I was a Ford owner and had the same mentality lol.

Boy I don't think I've ever heard Jeeps aren't made for off roading. You must have found the cream of the brain trust group. My conversation would have been really short, F.O. :patriot:

rguignard
06-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Boy I don't think I've ever heard Jeeps aren't made for off roading. You must have found the cream of the brain trust group. My conversation would have been really short, F.O. :patriot:

:patriot::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
We have a big group of lifted Ford trucks(read mall crawlers) in this area but all of them are at least polite. They always complement my Jeep when we cross paths.

Mudderoy
06-01-2010, 11:40 AM
We have a big group of lifted Ford trucks(read mall crawlers) in this area but all of them are at least polite. They always complement my Jeep when we cross paths.

I've never run across anyone that was anything but complimentary of my Jeep. I really like all the 4x4's with the exception of the H2. I can appreciate the styling of the vehicles, but I think it is a pretend off road vehicle. There is nothing wrong with that if all someone wants to do is drive it on the road. I like the H1 and H3's H1 for off road and H3 for size and styling. I'd still rather have a Jeep though.

I'd still like to have a Chevy or Ford truck with 44's on it. Maybe a Dodge if I could find one with a Cummings diesel.

Four_X_What
06-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes I have seen the light lol. When I would roll around in my truck I would look at people and laugh at there 35s and tell them to grow up!

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zpimbr.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/5x5v02.jpg

Mudderoy
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes I have seen the light lol. When I would roll around in my truck I would look at people and laugh at there 35s and tell them to grow up!

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zpimbr.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/5x5v02.jpg

Well I don't think I ever thought that a Jeep wasn't a capable 4x4, but riding high is fun. I miss it. What I don't miss is trying to find a place to park it near a parking garage since it wouldn't fit IN the garage!

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/Tonys 1983 4x4 Truck.jpg

Four_X_What
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Lol very true. I loved my truck but to be honest I couldnt use it as a daily driver and 400 a tire was to much. One day I might get another one for a toy. But for now Ill stick with the XJ. I love 4 doors! My 2dr Tahoe is a pain to put my son in his car seat.

Mudderoy
06-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Lol very true. I loved my truck but to be honest I couldnt use it as a daily driver and 400 a tire was to much. One day I might get another one for a toy. But for now Ill stick with the XJ. I love 4 doors! My 2dr Tahoe is a pain to put my son in his car seat.

Jeeps and trucks are just two different kind of animals. I can go places that trucks only dream of going because of size. I'd like to have a lifted full size pickup on those days when flooding is the norm in Houston. You're on the street, but your well above the 2, 3 feet deep water. They are great for mud as well, as long as you are in a fairly open area.

Four_X_What
06-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Jeeps and trucks are just two different kind of animals. I can go places that trucks only dream of going because of size. I'd like to have a lifted full size pickup on those days when flooding is the norm in Houston. You're on the street, but your well above the 2, 3 feet deep water. They are great for mud as well, as long as you are in a fairly open area.

Lol I still had my truck when Champions Forest flooded pretty bad. All theses cars wouldn't go, I hopped the median to get around them and slammed the gas. I had a huge water roost, it was a great feeling. But I killed my alternator after that day.

BlueXJ
06-01-2010, 03:30 PM
My old Z71 serves well when I need a heavier truck. I drive my XJ & MJ the most though. I can't afford the fuel for the Z as a DD. Most things can be accomplished in one of the 2 Jeeps though.

4.3LXJ
06-01-2010, 06:18 PM
This reminds me of when my wife drives my Jeep. Since she is blond and good looking, guys start following her around and pull up beside her in the parking lot. She starts saying things like: "This Jeep goes off road .... " and then leaves them there speechless. So much fun :D

default83
06-02-2010, 07:28 AM

lol yup, good ol' houston flooding...im making my jeep water proof:) i want to be the only one during the next Ike that can go anywhere. i think 35's and 4" lift ought to be tall enough, i hope.

Mudderoy
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
lol yup, good ol' houston flooding...im making my jeep water proof:) i want to be the only one during the next Ike that can go anywhere. i think 35's and 4" lift ought to be tall enough, i hope.

The last big rain we had here flooded Jones road near old Compaq (HP now). It was damn close to 2 feet deep, I drove through it without issue. My butt was clutching the cushion a little though! Another FOOT higher in a big truck would have removed that sensation. :smiley-laughing021:

drakan1908
06-03-2010, 08:21 AM
When I first bought my Grand, I had a guy at work tell me that you couldn't take one offroad because they weren't made for that. I took him out and proved him wrong. He had never been offroad before, scared the he** out of him.:rotfl2: