PDA

View Full Version : How to remove

Thomass
05-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Past weekend I did the tranny overhaul, and yes it function now better without leaking. :coffee:

My next goal is to rewire a part of the rig,

For this I have to remove the head-liner (with build-in sunroof)
Because it is in a very good condition, and I never ever removed any head-liner before, and how ever I can find on the forum, everything about how to clean, renew and fix the head-liner I can not find any thing about how to remove it from the rig.
So if someone of you have ever done so, (maby a write-up with pic's :)) what do I have to do, where to start, and what needs special attention.
I do not wish to damage the head-liner or the construction

Thomass

4.3LXJ
05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Thomas

This is one of those jobs that has to be done carefully. The foundation for that headliner is fragile when not supported on the edges. You need to remove the trim at the base of it, dome lights, visors and associated hardware. Basically anything holding it down. After that, there are two pieces of velcro that are between the visor base and visor supporting clips in the center. Reach behind and pry apart carefully because the velcro can pull out. Then the whole thing will come out in one piece. It will help if you can get an extra pair of hands to help.

LostSoul
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
this wriht up helped me. :link: (http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutorials/cherokee/)

ParadiseXJ
05-31-2010, 08:29 PM
this wriht up helped me. :link: (http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutorials/cherokee/)

Yep, that's exactly the site and stuff I used. They're not kidding about the adhesive. Use the 3M, use alot, take your time on a nice flat clean surface (not on a gravel driveway).

Thomass
06-02-2010, 11:45 PM
After reading the "write-up" (for witch I am thankful), I created next weekend some free time, because i believed it will take more than half a day.
Yesterday, it was a nice and sunny day, and i was home early.
so i checked how to do, and before i knew, this head-liner was out of the car.
This is really an easy thing to do. The wiring is an other item, i have to rewire all of it. one metal bracket what suppose to hold the wiring up and on one place has rusted true the wiring and created on bumpy roads or aggressive braking the short :sad0147:

Thomass