PDA

View Full Version : Bedliner

xjjeepthing
05-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks to the good ole Indiana winters and road salt, my XJ has some rust starting to show on the doors and rockers and thanks to me and some rocks I have the paint cracked and a crinkled front fenders. I'm thinking about fixing the rust and paint but use bedliner from the top body line all the way down. What you think.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/My%20jeep/004-3.jpg

Something similar to this
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/xjjeepthing/Cherokee/after-1.jpg

Mudderoy
05-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Personally I like the yellow, but brown and yellow wouldn't be very good. Do what you gotta do to keep her going. :thumbsup:

afbond03
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I've been trying to pull the trigger on mine. It currently looks like yours but is white. I just can't bring myself to it quiet yet.

BlueXJ
06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Seems like a bit much with that amount of bedliner. Where exactly is the rust starting to concern you?

xjjeepthing
06-05-2010, 08:45 PM
the doors are the rust issue. I can fix that like it is. The biggest problem is I crinkle the front fenders a bit and cracked the paint.

cpttuna
06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
to each his or her own. I have used bedliner on a battery box, to coat the roof of my 78 bronco, to do the inside of my 78 bronco, to coat my trailer ramp boards,to do the lower part on the doors on our 92 cherokee,and to coat the outside of a garbage can just to name a few. I share a driveway with the neighbor and we have two catch basins. I told him I would supply the bedliner if he wanted to coat the grates. unlimited uses.

BlueXJ
06-05-2010, 10:15 PM
to each his or her own. I have used bedliner on a battery box, to coat the roof of my 78 bronco, to do the inside of my 78 bronco, to coat my trailer ramp boards,to do the lower part on the doors on our 92 cherokee,and to coat the outside of a garbage can just to name a few. I share a driveway with the neighbor and we have two catch basins. I told him I would supply the bedliner if he wanted to coat the grates. unlimited uses.

No doubt it is great stuff but on a yellow XJ it may not look so good half black. Now if the bedliner were yellow that may be a horse of a different color.

Voldemort
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
That is exactly what I have planned, but I need another Raptor kit to do it all at once. Now that I have gotten into these full width axles it may be forever. Hay it will also make it dirt cheap to re paint the rest of the XJ.

Four_X_What
06-06-2010, 11:59 PM
No doubt it is great stuff but on a yellow XJ it may not look so good half black. Now if the bedliner were yellow that may be a horse of a different color.

Just saying... i think dodge did a whole rumble bee black and yellow thing. Taxi cabs. I think yellow and black match unless im missing somethin. Ive seen a few yellow black FJs