PDA

View Full Version : Removal of cruise control

oderdene
05-22-2010, 10:26 AM
I want to remove my cruise control system. No control cable in steering column, probably removed before or cut. Please tell me which items should be removed and which cables can be cut?

Thomass
05-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Great,

first find under the dash, the control box. it looks like the picture (yellow-box)

the only wire what is connected to the wiring of the XJ is the white wire (port 7 ignition) (goes to the fusebox)
The Gray and blue wire (port 2 and 3) goes to the speed sensor.
port 5 (brown-wire) and port 10 (yellow) and port 14 (green) suppose to go to the multifunction lever by the steering wheel.
the 6 other wire goes to the servo (under hood)
from the multifunction lever goes a blue wire to an in-line fuse (pink) and stop light switch.

it is very simple,
if you wish i do have a diagram, only it is an PDF, and i do not know how to upload this.

Thomasshttp://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/cruiscontrol-controler.jpg

4.3LXJ
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
There is no control cable. Just a wiring harness. There is also a couple of wires going to the speedo sensor on the cable under the dash. The actual mechanism looks like a can with a cable coming out of it. Remove it and plug the vacuum line to it.