PDA

View Full Version : new clunk

cantab27
05-11-2010, 12:53 AM
i know they all make em , mine has developed one on left had side rear when i brake. not all the time just now and again, more so when i first drive it and stop for the first time at end of my street....but its always there when i reverse....thoughts
cheers :thumbsup:

rguignard
05-11-2010, 06:20 AM
leaf spring bushings or loose u bolts ? mine has one in the left front that i need to find but i think its the uca or the lca bushings

4.3LXJ
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
X2 on the u bolts

cantab27
05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
thanks will have a look

cantab27
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
ok it now locks up left rear wheel when braking , been raining here , went down the road braked locked up ...felt like a boy ricer with the hand brake on ....thoughts anyone
cheers..........

Mudderoy
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
ok it now locks up left rear wheel when braking , been raining here , went down the road braked locked up ...felt like a boy ricer with the hand brake on ....thoughts anyone
cheers..........

I guess the obvious metal to metal problem has been checked?

cantab27
05-25-2010, 05:19 PM
I guess the obvious metal to metal problem has been checked?

meaning the pads,we might have different names for things muddie , but brake pads are sweet

4.3LXJ
05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Sometimes a small amount of moisture can make a brake surface very sticky. I have had them grab like that. Once they dry out they are OK. If it is not that, you might have a wheel cylinder going too far out and locking in that position due to lack of adjustment.

cantab27
05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Sometimes a small amount of moisture can make a brake surface very sticky. I have had them grab like that. Once they dry out they are OK. If it is not that, you might have a wheel cylinder going too far out and locking in that position due to lack of adjustment.

will have a look at adjustment, cheers
dont know how moisture would get in there ........o might have something to do with where i play.....:rolleyes:

4.3LXJ
05-25-2010, 06:50 PM
will have a look at adjustment, cheers
dont know how moisture would get in there ........o might have something to do with where i play.....:rolleyes:

No problem mate, just get yourself a brake snorkel. :confused:

cantab27
10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
sorted ,,, new brake pads shoes ,,, no clunk now

Jeepster19
10-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I had the same problem on my 98 Xj.Had to jack it up with the wheels on it and found out it was a out of round brake drum.What bites about that is I just did the brakes 3 or 4 months ago!!!It never did it before though,thats what I get for buying middle grade-supposedly good drums!I just replaced everything:drums,all hardware&wheel cylinders.Sound is gone!!!Oh by the way I used Wagner drums&shoes with Raybestos hardware&wheel cylinders.:D