PDA

View Full Version : Is my heater control suppose to light up at night?

greenchevy
05-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I have a 89 wagoneer limited and when i turn my lights on the heater control has never showed any light. Is the bulbs burned out? how can i replace them? does anyone have a write up on how to do this? thanks.

Mudderoy
05-08-2010, 04:18 PM
I have a 89 wagoneer limited and when i turn my lights on the heater control has never showed any light. Is the bulbs burned out? how can i replace them? does anyone have a write up on how to do this? thanks.

I could help you on a 97+ but not sure about the previous body styles. Hang in there someone will pop in and tell you.

4.3LXJ
05-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Yes it is supposed to and you are right, the bulb is probably burned out. You will have to remove the dash bezel to get to it. There are four phillips screws to remove. Two in the instrument area, one over the light switch and one over the cigarette lighter. They are all hidden. Then it just pops off. It will seem like it isn't going to come off without breaking something, but it will. The heater control has some more phillips screws and pulls out a little so you can change the bulb. It takes the push in type and is common and easy to find. Might as well change them all when in there.

alwaysxj
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
when you do this be very careful not to brake the little clips off the thing that the light goes in, i have done it then it sucks you have to tape it in.

greenchevy
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the help i tell everybody how it goes.Does anyone know what bulb size they are so i can pick them up before i take it apart.

Rysam
05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
aw geez, another thing i have to fix.. thanks a lot.

BlueXJ
05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
I have just recently (last October) put new bulbs in all the bulb slots on my Comanche and they are the all glass ones without a copper base as I recall.

xj4life2
05-11-2010, 07:55 PM
They are a 194 or a 168 spade type bulb you get them anywhere, Rysam if you have trouble with this I'd be happy to help its really a simple thing. I've been in there so many times it not funny. let me know !!

Rysam
05-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks, but I've been in there a few times myself. I have the 2 screws left, grab and twist quick release system now.