PDA

View Full Version : Calipers

Mudderoy
05-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Well I think I'm going to start pricing replacement calipers. Is there any that I should consider over another?

I'm going to pick up some extended brake lines from Ron at 4wheelingplus.com. So I'll replace the calipers, pads and brake lines all at the same time.

alwaysxj
05-04-2010, 10:55 AM
i don't know if they make some for a xj but i would look in to some willwood's with some sloted and vented rotors.
i had some on a truck i had and they were nice.

96xj
05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
vented/slotted rotors are no good they just hold mud and rocks in them ,
and i have relocation brackets for the brakes if you want also

alwaysxj
05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
i see i never went in the mudd so i did not have any problems.
but that is nice to know.

Mudderoy
05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah I don't want to spend a lot on calipers, and I wasn't planing on changing the rotors. I have a pull to the left under hard breaking, plus the passenger front wheel has locked up during hard braking since it was new. I think the two may be connected, and it's probably the caliper.

troys96xj
05-19-2010, 12:55 AM
If you do alot of wheeling then I recommend cheapies from Auto Zone.Thats what I've always use.Especially if you mud alot.Mud gets in there a seizes them if you don't keep them cleaned out. I have had a few do that .Thats why I go with cheapos.

default83
05-19-2010, 07:41 AM
could save some money and just buy the rebuild kit for em. used to do that all the time on an old truck i had.