PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Antenna..For Jeep Cherokee!!!

pvt.Tadpol xj
05-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Has anybody out there ever seen a real arrow used as a radio antenna? I admit i have never seen a vehicle anywhere with a arrow sticking up out of the passenger fender. But i have seen these antenna's for sale at the J.C. Whitney Co...I'm going to install a real aluminum arrrow into my antenna location this week. I have one arrow left over from my archery day's,and since my factory electric antenna is broke off just below the fender where i can force this arrow down into remaining piece. Who know's it might look pretty cool.. I mean a real arrow sticking up from my passenger fender on a jeep Cherokee!!!!!!:cool:

Indiana Jeep
05-02-2010, 09:05 PM
That sounds kind of funny post some pics when you get it done!!

alwaysxj
05-02-2010, 09:58 PM
I have seen this on a truck a long time ago.
are you just going to push it on then... or how will it mount?

pvt.Tadpol xj
05-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm planning on pushing it on down inside there. The old electric set-up is still there it's just broke off. It was that way when i bought it. And the plastic factory hardware is still there on the fender. Someone has filled that piece with epoxy to keep the rain out. It look's like to me i can carefully drill it out and install the aluminum arrow. I hope this work's because the cost for a replacement electric antenna is about $75.00:shocker:

BlueXJ
05-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Pics, we all need to see some pics!!!

alwaysxj
05-03-2010, 11:03 AM
he does not have a camera

pvt.Tadpol xj
05-03-2010, 05:24 PM
O.k. O.k. I'll try one more time to get a camera. Would someone take a few moment's and guide me thru how to use Photobuck:stars:ett....

alwaysxj
05-03-2010, 05:44 PM
just up load a pic and then click on it and it will make it bigger then on the left side of the page you will see share this image click on direct link and it will copy it then just hit past and it will show up like this
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab298/alwaysxj/0611mt_17_zfarmfest_2006lowered_jee.jpg
then if you put in front then at the end then the pic will show up

Mudderoy
05-04-2010, 10:39 AM
just up load a pic and then click on it and it will make it bigger then on the left side of the page you will see share this image click on direct link and it will copy it then just hit past and it will show up like this
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab298/alwaysxj/0611mt_17_zfarmfest_2006lowered_jee.jpg
then if you put in front then at the end then the pic will show up

Awwww, they's so cute when they are sleeping...:headshake:

alwaysxj
05-04-2010, 12:27 PM
that think is the uglyist thing i have ever seen.
this guy on this other site said that he loves all xjs. so i posted this and you should of read the replies to it.
it was funny

Mudderoy
05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
this guy on this other site said that he loves all xjs. so i posted this and you should of read the replies to it.
it was funny

I shouldn't say this, nor should I be so judgmental, but I'd like to beat that guy to a pulp with a claw hammer for doing that to an XJ, especially a 4x4. :shocker:

rguignard
05-05-2010, 06:29 AM
I shouldn't say this, nor should I be so judgmental, but I'd like to beat that guy to a pulp with a claw hammer for doing that to an XJ, especially a 4x4. :shocker:

x2 :thumbsup: but at least its not mine

BlueXJ
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM

No mirrors in your house? :smiley-laughing021:
It is still a Cherokee, thus beautiful in it's own way.:thumbsup:

alwaysxj
05-05-2010, 04:53 PM
No mirrors in your house? :smiley-laughing021:
It is still a Cherokee, thus beautiful in it's own way.:thumbsup:
nope every time i look in them they break so i stoped buying them save me a lot of money that way.

i don't care if it is still a jeep it is ugly they should be :nutts:

kmanxj
05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
people do it around here all the time should just thread on ;)

4.3LXJ
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM
What a waste of a good two door