PDA

View Full Version : Welcome bbbrian!!!

Melissa
04-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi bbbrian, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

Please take a few moments and tell us more about you and your Jeep.
BTW, we love pictures, hint hint.

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

bbbrian
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks Melissa!
I have had my cherokee for about 6 years, had an oil leak when I got it, haven't found it yet, worse now, to the point I parked it several months ago, was getting complaints about the spill.
comes from front left side somewhere, slimes whole left side, underneath, out the back.
driver's floor board carpet stained from leak up, mists clean oil on back window on road trip.
have replaced head gasket, valve cover attempting to fix heating issue that was clogged radiator, bad advice on head gasket.
replaced pan gasket and front seal in early attempt to fix leak, no improvement.
I suspect something with timing cover.
Any Clues?

4.3LXJ
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Brian

If everything is covered so badly you cannot tell where it is coming from I would suggest taking the XJ to the quarater car wash after covering it with Gunk degreaser and washing out the engine bay. Then watch for where it gets moist.

alwaysxj
04-10-2010, 06:20 PM
hello and welcome to xjtalk from Utah

Mudderoy
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks Melissa!
I have had my cherokee for about 6 years, had an oil leak when I got it, haven't found it yet, worse now, to the point I parked it several months ago, was getting complaints about the spill.
comes from front left side somewhere, slimes whole left side, underneath, out the back.
driver's floor board carpet stained from leak up, mists clean oil on back window on road trip.
have replaced head gasket, valve cover attempting to fix heating issue that was clogged radiator, bad advice on head gasket.
replaced pan gasket and front seal in early attempt to fix leak, no improvement.
I suspect something with timing cover.
Any Clues?

It looks like I have a power steering hose leaking on mine. I see build up on the driver's side of the vehicle, all the way back.

N1TZU
04-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Hello bbbrian,Welcome to XJT from Maine.....I would do as 4.3lxj said,Car wash or find a good steam cleaner and wash it down thoroughly then run it and watch....Hope you find the problem....

tbone
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Hello and welcome from TN. :patriot:

xj4life2
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
more than likely it the gear box or PS pump/ hoses. Other than that it would be the front crank seal. As 4.3 said clean real good and then drive it to see where it comes out at.

ol"blue
04-12-2010, 12:44 PM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

96xj
04-13-2010, 08:22 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Florida

rockcrusher
04-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Welcome from Georgia.