PDA

View Full Version : would you?

Bigknock
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
hey guys....im new here big, second post.....lol.

i have been looking thru all the forums and getting alot of info so thanks

.....but i am wondering...i am looking at a 2000 and 2001. one has 90,000 and the other just over 110,000. we are about to take a vacation for a month and will cover about 4500 miles. what are your thoughts about these being able to handle that with that kind of mileage. i have seen alot of post that show these jeeps going into the mid 200,000 with no prob. but would like to get some input from yall.

4.3LXJ
04-09-2010, 10:39 PM
The 4.0 and AW4 with the 231 transfer case are incredible performers. The full time case though will need a rebuild in the fluid coupling though before it hits that kind of milage. Still not a big deal if you do your own work.

The only thing I would be concerned about would be the cooling system. Check it out, flush the radiator and see how it does before going that distance. That is the only real Achilles heel.

BlueXJ
04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
The 4.0 and AW4 with the 231 transfer case are incredible performers. The full time case though will need a rebuild in the fluid coupling though before it hits that kind of milage. Still not a big deal if you do your own work.

The only thing I would be concerned about would be the cooling system. Check it out, flush the radiator and see how it does before going that distance. That is the only real Achilles heel.

You may be able to get away with a fluid change if you have a 242 T/C. I have one with 244,000 miles on it and just fluid changes each year. Never been torn into.
I would follow the recommendations of 4.3LXJ on the cooling system and do a complete fluid exchange on all components.:patriot:

DETOURS
04-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Well rounded advise right there. :thumbsup: