PDA

View Full Version : i got rear ended by a damn toyota

rguignard
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
well i got hit today by a car. im so glad i made the bumpers for my jeep it held up great but i think theres more wrong than meets the eye i have a new dent on both rear fenders so ill see what they say about it :shocker:

heres what the bumper look like

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rguignard001/2010-04-03131334.jpg

heres the place it happend

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rguignard001/2010-04-03132236.jpg

and heres the front of the car :smiley-laughing021:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv303/rguignard001/2010-04-03133729.jpg

i didnt get the pics of the dents yet but ill try to in the morning

alwaysxj
04-03-2010, 08:11 PM
wow that sucks. hope everything is ok on the jeep.

XJ4IV
04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
yeah take some photos of YOUR jeep I bet her car is probably totalled though ,.. I thought you told me it was a tacoma though

XJ4IV
04-03-2010, 08:17 PM
lol let me know if you want any info on this person Im a Private investigator and with her plates I can find lots of stuff lol

cantab27
04-03-2010, 08:21 PM
that will buff right out lol

Mudderoy
04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
How many times did you back into her after she hit you? :smiley-laughing021:

I really REALLY hate this. Need some pictures of you damaged rig on here.

BTW, this is pretty bad. How's your neck, back? Make sure you don't sign away any future medical reimbursements.

4.3LXJ
04-04-2010, 12:48 AM
That is tough man. I hope everything turns out OK with you and the Jeep. Don't sign anything until you are satisfied.

If they try to total your Jeep, tell them you want one EXACTLY like the one you have, including the bumpers. They they will start paying for repairs. I have done this twice, it works.

Rev D
04-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Good luck and yeah don't sign anything. The dent on the side is concerning though, hope the frame isn't tweeked. Sure did a number on the toyota though haha... Police site them?

Regards,

D.

rguignard
04-04-2010, 09:26 AM
lol let me know if you want any info on this person Im a Private investigator and with her plates I can find lots of stuff lol

will do thanks. she has gieco and ive allready talked to them 4 times and they said its her fault and it on them

that will buff right out lol

it never hit the body and i can repaint the bumper but ill let them do it :thumbsup:

How many times did you back into her after she hit you? :smiley-laughing021:

I really REALLY hate this. Need some pictures of you damaged rig on here.

BTW, this is pretty bad. How's your neck, back? Make sure you don't sign away any future medical reimbursements.

ill try to get the pics of the dents but my son let the camera go for a dip so ill have to see if it will show up with my phone. me and the kids seam fine my back and neck are a little sore but i think alls good :thumbsup:

That is tough man. I hope everything turns out OK with you and the Jeep. Don't sign anything until you are satisfied.

If they try to total your Jeep, tell them you want one EXACTLY like the one you have, including the bumpers. They they will start paying for repairs. I have done this twice, it works.

if they total it ill get it back i have reciepts for all the parts but i did it myself so no labor or how can i get that back ? because its all just built there shouldnt be any telling me it to old :shocker:

Good luck and yeah don't sign anything. The dent on the side is concerning though, hope the frame isn't tweeked. Sure did a number on the toyota though haha... Police site them?

Regards,

D.

yes they did and she used the it wouldnt stop i was pushing the brakes as hard as i could and it just kept going she said she was only going 10mph but she pushed me about 10 feet so a call :bsflag: on that :smiley-laughing021:

Rysam
04-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Be warned, it doesnt take much for the insurance to total a rig. this is my 92 after a sliding stop by a nissan z. its a total and i bought it back for 300$, hell i made more from the total than I payed for it.
the unibody was bent in front of the shackle box. barely.
http://i30.tinypic.com/a5dddw.jpg

prcjeep
04-04-2010, 01:52 PM
yes they did and she used the it wouldnt stop i was pushing the brakes as hard as i could and it just kept going she said she was only going 10mph but she pushed me about 10 feet so a call :bsflag: on that :smiley-laughing021:
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:She was going 10 till she hit the "brake" and it accelerated!!! I bet anyone with a recall toyota that rearended someone recently has tried to pull that one!

XJ4IV
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
so any pics today? I can safely say this IF the woman crys it was toyotas fault she is SCREWED cause they will test the vehicle and A. if it DOES show her brakes failed it was still her fault for letting a safety recall go unattended or B. her brake system is fine and gets sued by toyota LOL that would be funny sued for slander

Chico XJ Dude
04-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Straight bumper (nice craftsmanship!)... Scratched paint (damn Krylon!)... Mysterious dents (Freekin' unibody!)... Geico insurance (Hello settlement check for adding all sorts of new goodies to your tweeked, dented, straight-bumpered, rattlecan-fixable, bought-back, XJ BABY!!!):thumbsup:
Glad ya'll are ok.:smiley-gen165: Hows the left-peddle/right-foot-challanged camry driver?:stars:

rguignard
04-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Straight bumper (nice craftsmanship!)... Scratched paint (damn Krylon!)... Mysterious dents (Freekin' unibody!)... Geico insurance (Hello settlement check for adding all sorts of new goodies to your tweeked, dented, straight-bumpered, rattlecan-fixable, bought-back, XJ BABY!!!):thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Glad ya'll are ok.:smiley-gen165: Hows the left-peddle/right-foot-challanged camry driver?:stars:

shes fine too and her airbag DIDNT go off ???? :eek:

Chico XJ Dude
04-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Sounds like another Toyota issue!?

W.O.R.P.Offroad
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
it hit to hig for the airbag to go it. it didnt hit a sensor so the airbag system didnt register a front impact

xj4life2
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
I hope it all works out for ya, but you know, you'll never get that Toyota smell off your Jeep !!!!!

4.3LXJ
04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I hope it all works out for ya, but you know, you'll never get that Toyota smell off your Jeep !!!!!

Go mudding in a pig stye, that will camouflage anything.:eek:

XJ4IV
04-06-2010, 06:40 AM
I hope there is no underlying damages to the XJ ... the ONLY good thing about taking your jeep in after a wreck is they do a VERY thorogh inspection of the jeep and it is at THEIR cost! and THEN you know what you need to fix

rguignard
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
well it looks like there going to total it. bent the frame ill the way up to the front doors and it bent the rear end and the gas tank :shocker: so now the fun begins and yes im buying it back :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
well it looks like there going to total it. bent the frame ill the way up to the front doors and it bent the rear end and the gas tank :shocker: so now the fun begins and yes im buying it back :thumbsup:

I wouldn't offer too much, remember it's been in a wreck! :pee:

rguignard
04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't offer too much, remember it's been in a wreck! :pee:

they give my a buy back price and i say yes or they keep it and that wont happen

XJ4IV
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
usually its pretty cheap I paid 100 bucks for mine and it was less frame damage than rene has here mine was totalled mostly cause the guy hit my passenger door as well.

Melissa
04-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Glad everyone's ok, hope you get it back for cheap