PDA

View Full Version : Thomass has joined!

xjjeepthing
03-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Welcome Thomass, Glad you have joined xjtalk!

Take a moment and tell us about you and your Jeep, or Jeeps!

Please post up some pictures of your rig. We like them stock to off road only!

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

oderdene
03-24-2010, 07:43 AM
welcome to xjtalk, please introduce yourself and as well your rig.

Thomass
03-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Good day to you all,:smiley-computer005:

as well i do not live in the USA (i know it is a sad thing) the forum is drawn to my attention, just because i was googeling to find info about my new toy.
Well, My name is Thomas Kok, and i live in Hilversum in the Netherlands, (just between Amsterdam and Utrecht).
My first car was a 1964 Land rover 80 with top and side valves, I have driven this car all over Europe Together with my tool case. When i moved to Montreal and St John's i had to sell it. In Montreal i bought a small Bronco, and for two years it was a good companion. I hardly need my tool case. From Montreal I moved to Prague, so i had to sell the Bronco to a colleague. In Prague i got my self a "car-lookalike" A Gaz, an russian jeep-a-like, (the didn't know the word comfort).
back in Holland my sister gave her car to me (she lost her license) a FIAT uno. It was a nice gift, but within 3 weeks i chanced it for an Grand cherokee. Divorces cost a lot, and my 8 month old grand went to my (ex)wife.
10 years i drove a minivan (KIA pregio):mad0090: till it just died. A view weeks ago i bought my new toy A 1989 Jeep Cherokee. and i wander why i never drove one befor :-)

I do work on a daily basis in my own company, creating Signs, in every witch way possible, And next to this so now and than i drive a Buss within the public transport.

My Cherokee, I found out that the engin is contaminated with Black Sludge, so now i have to take it apart, to clean the engin, replace damaged parts, and hopefully, drive in it within a week (or two):redx:

Some pictures of my toy and the sludge will follow

alwaysxj
03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
hello and welcome to xjtalk from Utah.

{think with your dip stick jimmy} i always wanted to say that. good luck on the slug problem.

Mudderoy
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Good day to you all,:smiley-computer005:

as well i do not live in the USA (i know it is a sad thing) the forum is drawn to my attention, just because i was googeling to find info about my new toy.
Well, My name is Thomas Kok, and i live in Hilversum in the Netherlands, (just between Amsterdam and Utrecht).
My first car was a 1964 Land rover 80 with top and side valves, I have driven this car all over Europe Together with my tool case. When i moved to Montreal and St John's i had to sell it. In Montreal i bought a small Bronco, and for two years it was a good companion. I hardly need my tool case. From Montreal I moved to Prague, so i had to sell the Bronco to a colleague. In Prague i got my self a "car-lookalike" A Gaz, an russian jeep-a-like, (the didn't know the word comfort).
back in Holland my sister gave her car to me (she lost her license) a FIAT uno. It was a nice gift, but within 3 weeks i chanced it for an Grand cherokee. Divorces cost a lot, and my 8 month old grand went to my (ex)wife.
10 years i drove a minivan (KIA pregio):mad0090: till it just died. A view weeks ago i bought my new toy A 1989 Jeep Cherokee. and i wander why i never drove one befor :-)

I do work on a daily basis in my own company, creating Signs, in every witch way possible, And next to this so now and than i drive a Buss within the public transport.

My Cherokee, I found out that the engin is contaminated with Black Sludge, so now i have to take it apart, to clean the engin, replace damaged parts, and hopefully, drive in it within a week (or two):redx:

Some pictures of my toy and the sludge will follow

Welcome. I personally really enjoy the non-US members. I think it is great that people from all over the world can share a common interest in Jeep Cherokees.

Very interesting post on the variety of vehicles you have owned. I know I'm looking forward to the pictures.

4.3LXJ
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
:welcome: from the US. I am in California, on the west coast. You sound well traveled and have had varied experiences. I don't know why, but we sometimes get the impression here that Europeans don't get around much. But, what do we know about it? Anyway, we will enjoy having you here on the forum and have some other members who live outside the US who will be able to share as well.

Thomass
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
:welcome: from the US. I am in California, on the west coast. You sound well traveled and have had varied experiences. I don't know why, but we sometimes get the impression here that Europeans don't get around much. But, what do we know about it? Anyway, we will enjoy having you here on the forum and have some other members who live outside the US who will be able to share as well.

It is nice to be welcom

I did work for our (Dutch)goverment, 23 years in a row :coffee:, That made me travel true out our world.
And yes, Europeans do get around, not all of them, But now a days you can find them on your path.
Here in The Netherlands we have more "Non Dutch" than Dutch, and many Americans. (and of course Russians like my girfrend)

Mudderoy
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
It is nice to be welcom

I did work for our (Dutch)goverment, 23 years in a row :coffee:, That made me travel true out our world.
And yes, Europeans do get around, not all of them, But now a days you can find them on your path.
Here in The Netherlands we have more "Non Dutch" than Dutch, and many Americans. (and of course Russians like my girfrend)

We accept pictures of most anything here, including Jeeps, and girlfriends. :smiley-laughing021: :popcorn:

BlueXJ
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Welcome Thomas, we are all interested in your upcoming pictures.

4.3LXJ
03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Russian girlfriends, sounds like the US. We nave a number of them here locally and part of a group that helps them assimilate into our culture as well as us understand their point of view.

N1TZU
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Hello Thomas,Welcome to XJT from Maine....This world wide web is a great thing...We all get to meet and share with people that we wouldn't otherwize due to distance and oceans.....Modern life and technolgy...Cool.....Great to meet you.....Bob...

ol"blue
03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
[IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif[/IMG"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

tbone
03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Hello and welcome from TN. :patriot:

96xj
03-24-2010, 10:04 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Florida

Thomass
04-03-2010, 12:43 PM
After being on a small vacation in Austria (without the XJ) and having fun in the snow, I have tried today to upload some promised pictures, But, how to do so.

Mudderoy
04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
After being on a small vacation in Austria (without the XJ) and having fun in the snow, I have tried today to upload some promised pictures, But, how to do so.

Have a look at this, :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=174) and if you need additional help just PM me or one of the moderators.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Melissa
04-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Hello and Welcome Thomass!!

Thomass
04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
So after instructions, how to show some pics, here they are.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/My%20XJ%20related%20Pics/OurCherokeeinfrontoftheshop-02.jpg

This is the day we bought our XJ, and we found out that it was not in the best shape, or better said, in a very bad shape. but this will keep me occupied.
Thank you all for helping me out

Thomass

Thomass
04-04-2010, 04:09 PM
As i already wrote, We bought a 1989 XJ, At he beginning we were very happy with the rig,

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/My%20XJ%20related%20Pics/XP12VZ-6-ThedayiboughttheCherokee.jpg

When we bought it, it was looking great, there was only one little dent in the left front door, and of course some scratches. but what should a man expect from an 21 year old Rig.
The engine is running smooth, and the mileage was ideal. (nearly 8 liters for 100 km). The evening we came home with the XJ, i checked the fluids, because the temperature did not raise far enough.
How ever the engine oil was good, i saw some leakage between te cylinderhead and the engine just above the oilfilter.
So when i lifted the cylinder head, i did understand that this rig will be kepping me the next following time of the street and into the workshop :shocker:

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/My%20XJ%20related%20Pics/nottosharpbutlookatit.jpg

Black sludge all over, and as my girlfriend (nearly wife) said, "it looks like asphalt" :camera:
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/My%20XJ%20related%20Pics/Removingtheparts-01.jpg

So i started with taking the head apart, for cleaning and checking the damage already done

I believe i have to check the engine as well (or should i buy an new engine)

suggestions are more than welcome :cheerleader:

As my parents has learned me, for everything there is an reason.:)

Mudderoy
04-04-2010, 06:24 PM
So after instructions, how to show some pics, here they are.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/My%20XJ%20related%20Pics/OurCherokeeinfrontoftheshop-02.jpg

This is the day we bought our XJ, and we found out that it was not in the best shape, or better said, in a very bad shape. but this will keep me occupied.
Thank you all for helping me out

Thomass

You have the two most important things. The XJ and the 4x4 on the rear quarter panel. :D

4.3LXJ
04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Thomass

If you get into the engine and find it needs new stuff, you can do some upgrades to power and possibly milage for about the same money as a regular rebuild.

Thomass
04-05-2010, 10:10 AM
You have the two most important things. The XJ and the 4x4 on the rear quarter panel. :D

Jep, that is the truth, i have never enjoyed a rig as much as this one.
When it is fixed, i probably understand that jeeps are not bought bud (re)build:camera:

Even my girlfriend helps with this . i wonder why i never bought a rig like this before:coffee:

4.3LXJ
04-05-2010, 10:49 AM
That is right, family fun

Thomass
05-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Probably totally of topic , I couldn't find a right spot to place it.

I just wanted to say, that this forum, it users readers and maintainers, has brought me more understanding about my Rig, it safes me a lot of money, because the answers i gained on this forum made it possible for me to fix things by my self in stead of going to an garage / workshop and getting to know my joy so much better.

To all of you i say THANK YOU

Thomass

4.3LXJ
05-19-2010, 10:39 AM
We aim to please

Mudderoy
05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Probably totally of topic , I couldn't find a right spot to place it.

I just wanted to say, that this forum, it users readers and maintainers, has brought me more understanding about my Rig, it safes me a lot of money, because the answers i gained on this forum made it possible for me to fix things by my self in stead of going to an garage / workshop and getting to know my joy so much better.

To all of you i say THANK YOU

Thomass

I love hearing this because this is one of our main goals. It's great to hear we're getting it right. Thank you.

1ATony
05-20-2010, 12:43 PM
welcome to the site.