PDA

View Full Version : Anarishkwa has joined!

4.3LXJ
03-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Welcome Anarishkwa, Glad you have joined xjtalk!

Take a moment and tell us about you and your Jeep, or Jeeps!

Please post up some pictures of your rig. We like them stock to off road only!

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Anarishkwa
03-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Hello folks, I have only owned two other cars in my long life, the rest of my rides have been Jeeps. There is nothing like a jeep. Well built and solid to the core. This is my first Cherokee. I have had CJ's, CJ7, Jeep Truck, and my old Military Williys, and now my Cherokee sport. Not sure about no frame under her. How will she flex and hold out ? Is there a good place for after market parts ? I want to go 3" on a lift. Maybe 31" wheels. Lockers too. Any advice ? Thanks for the web site. Looking forward to the advice. Thanks

ol"blue
03-21-2010, 07:18 AM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

alwaysxj
03-21-2010, 09:29 AM
hello and welcome to xjtalk from utah

4.3LXJ
03-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Hello folks, I have only owned two other cars in my long life, the rest of my rides have been Jeeps. There is nothing like a jeep. Well built and solid to the core. This is my first Cherokee. I have had CJ's, CJ7, Jeep Truck, and my old Military Williys, and now my Cherokee sport. Not sure about no frame under her. How will she flex and hold out ? Is there a good place for after market parts ? I want to go 3" on a lift. Maybe 31" wheels. Lockers too. Any advice ? Thanks for the web site. Looking forward to the advice. Thanks

Glad you joined. There are some limits to the unibody without bracing and adding a full cage. They are limited only in how much air they will handle without bending on impact. But with some work, here is a video that says it all.

YouTube- JeepSpeed and The Wall MDR

I had a CJ I used to do that stuff to that finally suffered the inevitable broken frame, so yes these can take some punishment.

3"lift is a good lift and can be done relatively cheaply or with a few extra buck can be made even better. 31" tires go well with that lift without trimming fenders.

N1TZU
03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
hello Anarishkwa,Welcome to XJT from Maine....I have found so far the unibody of the XJ is fairly rugged on its own...If you plan some extreme 4 wheeling like rock crawling you may consider frame rail stiffeners....There is a few ways to achieve that goal...And many builds on the world wide web to show how its done...Good luck and be safe with any build plans you have.....Bob...

tbone
03-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Hello and welcome from TN. :patriot:

oderdene
03-22-2010, 08:36 AM
dear friend, welcome to xjtalk.

BlueXJ
03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Neon_Sign-WELCOME.jpg
4.3s video says it all. You will fall in love with your XJ just give yourself time.

96xj
03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Florida