PDA

View Full Version : Rev D is our latest member!

xjjeepthing
03-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Glad you could find xjtalk and join us Rev D!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself. What drew you to the board. Post up some pics of your stuff. ;)

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Rev D
03-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Greeting all. I'm currently a lurker, I'm looking to get another XJ in the future. My Wife had a 86 2wd which had a good life but the front end was worn something terrible. She had it when I met her, it had been stolen once, thrashed pretty good and as I say the front end was wobbly. Due to finances we just couldn't see putting the money into it at the time and traded it in on a Liberty which we liked but eventually sold it due to yet some more financial hardships (I tell ya its rough out there with the economy and jobs I probably don't have to tell you all that).
Anyway, after looking at CJ's and other variants in the Jeep lineup I think somewhere down the road I'm looking at an XJ again, this time 4WD and a 2dr instead of the 4 door like she had (it was a kid hauler back in the day). Probably a lift and we'll go from there. Eventually we'll move to some land she was left in Central Texas and at that time I can get more serious into fabrication and such on a project. Currently living in Ph AZ. Got three stepson's between 23-30 and 5 grand kids. Just for those wondering, the REV part is not a title from the Clergy so you can go about your wikid ways haha, it was a nick I got as a musician in a blues band here and it stuck. Wish you all well, I think that about covers it.

Cheers,

Rev. D.

Ps: I do have quite a bit of background in building cars, welding and fabricating having been a mechanic for 10 years, then a welder fabricator for 12 years following that. Last project was a 72 240Z with a chevy 350 and 6 sp T56 back in 2000, car was a blast but sold it here in 2002 following a divorce.

4.3LXJ
03-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Rev

Thanks for joining. I currently have a 86 2 door. Just the ticket. But mine is modified. Don't be shy about posting. Wanting one is as good as having one to us.

Mudderoy
03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Greeting all. I'm currently a lurker, I'm looking to get another XJ in the future. My Wife had a 86 2wd which had a good life but the front end was worn something terrible. She had it when I met her, it had been stolen once, thrashed pretty good and as I say the front end was wobbly. Due to finances we just couldn't see putting the money into it at the time and traded it in on a Liberty which we liked but eventually sold it due to yet some more financial hardships (I tell ya its rough out there with the economy and jobs I probably don't have to tell you all that).
Anyway, after looking at CJ's and other variants in the Jeep lineup I think somewhere down the road I'm looking at an XJ again, this time 4WD and a 2dr instead of the 4 door like she had (it was a kid hauler back in the day). Probably a lift and we'll go from there. Eventually we'll move to some land she was left in Central Texas and at that time I can get more serious into fabrication and such on a project. Currently living in Ph AZ. Got three stepson's between 23-30 and 5 grand kids. Just for those wondering, the REV part is not a title from the Clergy so you can go about your wikid ways haha, it was a nick I got as a musician in a blues band here and it stuck. Wish you all well, I think that about covers it.

Cheers,

Rev. D.

Ps: I do have quite a bit of background in building cars, welding and fabricating having been a mechanic for 10 years, then a welder fabricator for 12 years following that. Last project was a 72 240Z with a chevy 350 and 6 sp T56 back in 2000, car was a blast but sold it here in 2002 following a divorce.

Glad to have you. Everyone is welcome whether they have a XJ or not. Whether it is 2x4 or 4x4. Thanks for jumping in and moving from the lurker ranks into the light. ;)

I told my wife just the other day that we had several people join, then put a sticker request in. I told her I hoped that the sticker give away was encouraging guests to become members. I like members because they can post, and then we all have more to read, and therefore, more fun.

Thanks again!

tbone
03-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Hello and welcome from TN. :patriot:

oderdene
03-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Welcome friend to the xjtalk

ol"blue
03-21-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm sure things will get better for you to the point where you can have the vehicle you really want. Until that happens though, I'm glad you joined.
Dan

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

alwaysxj
03-21-2010, 09:28 AM
hello and welcome to xjtalk from utah

N1TZU
03-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Hello Rev D,Welcome to XJT from Maine....Good to meet you...Hope things pan out on new XJ and a more prosperous future for you and yours...

Rev D
03-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Thanks all for the kind words. This is an extremely nice and welcoming forum which I'm glad to say is pretty refreshing! Thanks again for the welcome.

Regards,

Don

96xj
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Florida