PDA

View Full Version : Ants!

4.3LXJ
03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Ants, I had them in my office and the kitchen. They just won't leave you alone. So I thought I would pass on this simple way to actually kill a colony with out lots of pesticides. Just mix some good old borax laundry soap with sugar and water and make a slurry out of it. The ants eat the sugar and borax and also carry back some to the colony. When an ant eats borax crystals, it is like us eating glass shards. It cuts them up inside and kills them. They also feed this stuff to the queen and it kills her. When she dies, the colony dies. Very simple and effective.

BlueXJ
03-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Let me guess........................you used to work for Orkin?

4.3LXJ
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Nope, Part of my education in Biology. They use large cockroaches for research and such. To keep from getting an infestation from any escapees, they sprinkle borax in the corners and under desks and such so that when the cockroaches walk in it, the borax crystals get in their joints and cut them up and then they die.

It took three days to get rid of my ants and cost me about three cents to do it.

BlueXJ
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I heard that club soda poured into a fire ant hill will kill them as well.

4.3LXJ
03-18-2010, 05:36 PM
So does a pint of gasoline.

bassackwards
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
growen up it tx with fireants i found out nothing gets rid of them just moves them (but never tryed TNT)

4.3LXJ
03-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Just give them some borax. It is like feeding them glass shards