PDA

View Full Version : The Wave

BlueXJ
03-09-2010, 07:23 PM
General Rules:

1. All Jeepers are responsible for upholding the tradition of the Wave. It seems that generally the Jeep wave is only practiced by Jeep owners driving the following Jeep vehicles; CJ, YJ, TJ, JK.

2. All Jeepers are required to return the Wave even if it's a Grand Cherokee or Compass.

3. Do not EVER wave to Hummers, even if you know the person.
Guy 1 is driving his Jeep and sees another Jeep so he gives the Jeep Wave. Guy 2 waves back.

rguignard
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
compass thats not a jeep :smiley-laughing021:it shoud at least be rwd NEVER fwd :shocker:

96xj
03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
people with CJ, YJ, TJ, JK. have there head so far up their @$$ half the time , i guess they dont see me wave at them , ill even :toothorn: my horn and all i get is a stupid look I :sign0181: its like :deadhorse:

cantab27
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
we dont do that down here , only get funning looks if i did i think...:)

4.3LXJ
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Where I live, a lot of the Jeeps are owned by college kids. They are kind in their own world.

95xjcountry
03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
i always get waves back from YJs and other XJs, but most TJ/JK's are apparently too good to wave at my beat up lil XJ. I think I've only gotten on wave returned from a TJ, and none from JK drivers.

Indiana Jeep
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Around here it depends on what their Jeep looks like, if it's modded or muddy, they return the wave if not they either don't notice or just give you the dumb look. As for myself, Im guilty of just giving the wave to the mod and mud group anymore.:D

prerunner1982
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Being that my Jeep is stock... I don't get the wave and really don't give it either. If I was more modified I would wave more... there are so many stock XJs around it's hard to tell if they are Jeep enthusiasts.

A CJ is more than likely a Jeep Enthusiast or they wouldn't put up with it.. A YJ owner could perhaps be a Jeep Enthusiast.... a TJ owner.. it can be hard to tell.

If it's a newer Jeep and modified then ok, I will accept them for a Jeep Enthusiasts even if they just did the mods to look :cool: