PDA

View Full Version : day time posting

cantab27
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
righto , this is like a bull:turd: thread, post in here when slacking around at work , have a sickie or just at home as i am on raining days ( dont work in the rain) tells us what ya up to kind of thing.. but must be posted only in the day time hours....:popcorn: ( sorry mudderoy cant think of another post to start::() post away...

Mudderoy
03-05-2010, 12:39 PM
righto , this is like a bull:turd: thread, post in here when slacking around at work , have a sickie or just at home as i am on raining days ( dont work in the rain) tells us what ya up to kind of thing.. but must be posted only in the day time hours....:popcorn: ( sorry mudderoy cant think of another post to start::() post away...

lol. No problem I really appreciate the attempt. Certainly you don't have to post. I was thinking that people might be concerned that their post would be viewed as silly or unimportant. I just wanted to encourage everyone to post. Even silly posts are often fun, and unimportant posts may be unimportant to a LOT of people. :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Oh! Everyone knows the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words"...

cantab27
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
going to start a fishing thread as well, might get some good storys outta that plus pics

Mudderoy
03-05-2010, 12:50 PM
going to start a fishing thread as well, might get some good storys outta that plus pics

Good idea. Lots of people like fishing. :thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
03-05-2010, 12:54 PM

First, let me get my fishing ruler out. The one where 1/2" equals 1" :D

alwaysxj
03-05-2010, 01:08 PM
i have a fishing story for you. i was behind my inlaws house a couple of years ago they have a pond with some fish in it so i thought hell i will throw a line in and see what happens. so i throw it in and start bringing it in when i see this fish come out of the moss right in front of me so i stop about two feet away from the bank and wham it hit and i pick it up and put it on the ground. it was a 10 pound brown it was dang big i put it in a bag and it had the head and the tail coming out of the bag it was big i took it to the local fishing store to see what it was because it did not look like a brown it had big teeth on it and i was just not sure what it was. so i go and they tell me it was a brown and the guy wanted to buy it from me to put on his wall so he give me a hundred for it and off i go. it is still to this day the biggest fish i ever caught and i did not even get to fight with it to get it in.

Mudderoy
03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
i have a fishing story for you. i was behind my inlaws house a couple of years ago they have a pond with some fish in it so i thought hell i will throw a line in and see what happens. so i throw it in and start bringing it in when i see this fish come out of the moss right in front of me so i stop about two feet away from the bank and wham it hit and i pick it up and put it on the ground. it was a 10 pound brown it was dang big i put it in a bag and it had the head and the tail coming out of the bag it was big i took it to the local fishing store to see what it was because it did not look like a brown it had big teeth on it and i was just not sure what it was. so i go and they tell me it was a brown and the guy wanted to buy it from me to put on his wall so he give me a hundred for it and off i go. it is still to this day the biggest fish i ever caught and i did not even get to fight with it to get it in.

I bet you whacked it just before it was about to say "I'll give you 3 wishes and a brand new JEEP!" :smiley-laughing021:

alwaysxj
03-05-2010, 01:28 PM
no for real it is a real story. come on i would not lie.

Mudderoy
03-05-2010, 01:43 PM
no for real it is a real story. come on i would not lie.

lol no you took my comment the wrong way. I was saying the reason it was so strange that he just swam up to you was because it was a "special" fish and you killed it. :smiley-laughing021:

alwaysxj
03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
ah i see well then i should of kept it and got my three wishes. any budy have a time machine.

4.3LXJ
03-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Here is another Brown fishing story. I used to work for the Forest Service the first time I was in college. We were responsible for running section lines and finding the original section corners established in the late 1800s. We were in the Frodyce trail area. By the way, that trail was originally the Paris and Grant Wagon Road and had been oiled at one time. Anyway, almost within sight of the trail is a little creek that disappears on a granite face. It is only about 4" wide in the summer. It flows into some pools big enough to park a full sized pick up in. In each one of those pools is one of those 10# Browns that cannot escape. They could be caught with your hands. We could not bring ourselves to ruin that, so we left them. If they lived long enough, they are probably still there.