PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts - Are you nuts?!?!?!

Mudderoy
03-02-2010, 01:55 AM
http://runforlife3.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/peanuts.jpg?w=184&h=210

So I get home from work the other day and my lovely wife of 18 years has been to Sam's Club. Among the several things that she purchased, food stuff, she shows me a rather large bag of salted roasted peanuts. These are the peanuts that are still in the shell. My favorite kind!

I ask does she think that if I pour some of these wonders of nature in a large flattish bowl and took them up to my home office if they would be okay there, you know for a few days? She didn't see why not, so like a big kid (which I am actually) I quickly poured about 5 helpings worth in that rather large flattish bowl I spoke of.

I took them upstairs and found the perfect place to sit them. After shoving the computer keyboard forward without any regard for my reading glasses, and days of unopened mail, I had that perfect place.

I quickly went to work cracking and eating those little tasty salty treats. Wow after quite a few they are really salty. Ahhh that's better, water, H2O, the wet stuff...

All too soon I get my fill of the peanuts, so I move the bowl still very full of unopened peanut, but now the bowl contains quite a few empty hulls. You see this is where I made my first tactical error, leaving the hulls in the same bowl as the unopened peanut hulls.

The next day, the same thing, eat some and leave the hulls in the bowl. What I great idea I had. One bowl two uses. Great idea! Or so I thought.

The third day. Hmmm it's getting harder to find, wait there's one, mmmmm. There's one! Wait that's just a hull, but it looked whole. Damn that easy halving shell. Okay wait let's employ a little logic here. The hulls should be lighter than the full hulls, right? Trusty index finger... poke poke poke... FOUND ONE!

It is really getting hard to FIND a previously unvisited peanut shell! This sucks, I'm spending more time poking that eating. Oh and don't even get me started on what the HELL is that thin paper like brown covering that is on the peanut!?!?!

This reminds me. Here's a warning for you would be in the shell peanut eaters. If you decided to hull and eat peanuts directly under a ceiling fan expect to see (through the corner of your eye mind you) small brown things seemingly scurrying across the front of your shirt. You know like you just picked up a nut that had a small brown creature clinging to it and dropped off just before you stuck it in your mouth!

Okay calm the hell down, it's just that damn paper thin brown covering that was on the peanut you ate 3 minutes ago and static cling had it attached to your hand until the breeze from the fan caught it just right.

Poke! Poke! Poke! Nope they are all gone. Hey! Time for a refill. Two bowls this time? Naw, one was so much fun.

:out:

flippedXJ
03-02-2010, 04:30 AM
lol that sounds like something I would do myself rofl

BlueXJ
03-02-2010, 07:32 AM
I am way too lazy, I buy them already shelled and in a 5 pound can. Just pop the lid and consume. No clean up and Beer is preferable as the libation instead og water.

4.3LXJ
03-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Muddy, that brown thing is a pellicle. Annoying isn't it?

Mudderoy
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Muddy, that brown thing is a pellicle. Annoying isn't it?

Really, to me, only when I mistake it for a bug in my food. lol

4.3LXJ
03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Last night it was a large jar of salted cashews for me and the wife. No hassles.

prerunner1982
03-02-2010, 05:23 PM
mmm Peanuts.. some of my favorite.. in addition to fresh Pecans.

4.3LXJ
03-02-2010, 06:51 PM
You would all love this tavern I used to go to. They had a live band there and tile floors. They gave you all the peanuts you could eat for free. You were encouraged to throw the shells on the floor. Made the floor slick and facilitated the dancing. They swept the floors with a shovel once a month.

prerunner1982
03-03-2010, 10:33 AM
There is a restaurant here that does that called Texas Roadhouse.

Mudderoy
03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
So my wife finally packed me some peanuts for my lunchbox, I know I could have done it myself. Anyway I didn't take my lunch yesterday, so I left the bag of peanuts.

Yesterday when I got home from work she asked me why I didn't take the bag of peanuts. I told her, well I didn't take my lunch yesterday. She was like "So?". I looked at her in disbelief. She returned the look with a "What?" look, I told her honey I couldn't walk into work displaying my nut sack! I mean I work with engineers, I'd never hear the end of it! :smiley-laughing021:

4.3LXJ
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

prerunner1982
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
walk into work displaying my nut sack!

I hate it when that happens... :shocker::rotfl2: