PDA

View Full Version : SeaWorld

rguignard
02-25-2010, 10:13 AM
So Im sure everyone has seen that a trainer got killed by a killer whale yesterday. The news is acting like they want the killer whale put down COME ON DUMBA$$ES ITS A WILD ANIMAL what do you think it likes us it dont. Jack Hanna said it right it doesnt know it did wrong!!!! When i go to a race track i know someone might die if i dont want my son to take a chance to see that i would leave him home just like at SeaWorld it just might happed so what do you do ???? what does everyone think?

Mudderoy
02-25-2010, 10:18 AM
The whale has killed 3 people. (Verify this as I haven't) If it was "put down" when the first person died there would be 2 people still alive.

Personally I think the German's had the right idea. They kill one of us we kill 3 of them. :smiley-laughing021:

Seriously though they should have released it back into the wild or killed it.

GT MOTORSPORTS
02-25-2010, 10:32 AM
The thing is..whay do people like racing..They know there is a chance of someone getting hurt..so thats the appeal of the KILLER whale..Yeah some think O look its a wild animal ill never get to see any where but here... so its not like the "trainer" doesnt know the risks. As far as"trainer" what the hell do they think they are training.. Yeah they are lucky. but its like any thing in life you take chances. some are a little more safe than others. Its a wild animal. It has no idea that it did wrong. Now..you may argue that the whale was angry and went on kill mode..Id say from what i heard..with the whipping back and forth..its animal instincts kicked in and it did what id did,cause thats the way it was made. Its crazy..Its like all the people on the Nat Geo channel who mess with snakes and all kinds of wild animals..sooner or later you play with fire...your gonna get burned..no 2 ways about it..Just she couldnt get away from the whale.. I mean look at sigfred and roy..hell they thought they were lion tamers..that worked out real well didnt it..

alwaysxj
02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
i would say just put it back ito the sea and call it good.

muddeprived
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
The whale was doing it's natural job...killing. That's why we call it the killer whale. It's unfortunate that it ended the lives of three people BUT hey they signed up for the high risk job and know the possible consequences. I say release it back into the wild where it belongs and get another whale....preferably the ones that don't have "killer" in their name.

BlueXJ
02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
That whale was born in captivity and has always lived at Sea World. It would be cruel to place it in the wild where it would not know how to survive. JMHO

rguignard
02-25-2010, 03:05 PM
That whale was born in captivity and has always lived at Sea World. It would be cruel to place it in the wild where it would not know how to survive. JMHO

x2 it wouldnt make it :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
02-25-2010, 03:08 PM

He'd have more of a chance in the wild than his 3 "willing" victims.

muddeprived
02-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I was born in captivity as well but I can survive out in the wild.

I think the whale will do just fine. It just has to learn a few things.

I had a BIG cat when I was growing up. It was an indoor cat that never stepped foot outside. Somehow it escaped one day and never came back. Fast fordward 12 years and we found it on the side of the road near our house. It got hit by a car. Even though it had no experience living on it's own in the wild, it learned and survived for 12 years.

Mudderoy
02-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I was born in captivity as well but I can survive out in the wild.

I think the whale will do just fine. It just has to learn a few things.

I had a BIG cat when I was growing up. It was an indoor cat that never stepped foot outside. Somehow it escaped one day and never came back. Fast fordward 12 years and we found it on the side of the road near our house. It got hit by a car. Even though it had no experience living on it's own in the wild, it learned and survived for 12 years.

I like what you have to say here, but a cat living around houses is hardly in the wild.

rguignard
02-25-2010, 03:32 PM
I like what you have to say here, but a cat living around houses is hardly in the wild.

can you say pitbull :D

muddeprived
02-25-2010, 03:34 PM

There was no other house around my house for some distance and we never fed the cat or left food for it. It just took off and never came back, but stayed within the area all this time. It survived out there on it's own somehow. This is a cat that couldn't kill a damn mouse that walked past it in the house. :headshake:

I think if mother nature intended something to be wild then it will always have the instincts to live in the wild. It will just take some time to learn the built-in survival mode.

Mudderoy
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
oreillyfactor

Tonight: Why was a whale that had killed two people still being used in a water show? Megyn Kelly has been investigating...

GT MOTORSPORTS
02-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Im going to have to watch...

xj4life2
02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Ok I normally would chime in on a subject like this but I am in this case. First off this Whale has killed three people at three diffrent aquariums.That is a fact and all the trainers knew this pryor to getting in the tank with him. However we (humans) made him the way he is. We take something beautiful and wild ,tame it surpress its natural hunting urges then keep it in a tank. We expct it to act as we have trained it to and behave properly so we can stare at it and the big corperation can make a buck off it, while all the time its being tortured and made into somethingit is not. What killed those trainers was a natural hunting instinct emerging. Its a uncontrolable action by all living creatures, trained or not. Just like a mother protecting its young human or animal not something I want to get in between. So here now lies the problem what to do with this whale, Set it loose... can't we taught it how not to live in its own enviorment. Put another trainer in the water with it ? Well we tried that three times it didn't work (two times to many in my opinion). So what then Kill it ? why should it pay for our mistakes? We need to learn from these mistakes and stop doing what were doing. Seaworld needs to make a tank just for this animal as close to its natural setting as possable and keep it as happy as it can be for the rest of its natural life and yes they need to pay for it all ! Its not anyones fault but those who participated iin the removal of this whale from its natural setting so they could make a buck , well they now need to apologise to the whale and take care of him. Ok well thats my 2 cents

Mudderoy
02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Ok I normally would chime in on a subject like this but I am in this case. First off this Whale has killed three people at three diffrent aquariums.That is a fact and all the trainers knew this pryor to getting in the tank with him. However we (humans) made him the way he is. We take something beautiful and wild ,tame it surpress its natural hunting urges then keep it in a tank. We expct it to act as we have trained it to and behave properly so we can stare at it and the big corperation can make a buck off it, while all the time its being tortured and made into somethingit is not. What killed those trainers was a natural hunting instinct emerging. Its a uncontrolable action by all living creatures, trained or not. Just like a mother protecting its young human or animal not something I want to get in between. So here now lies the problem what to do with this whale, Set it loose... can't we taught it how not to live in its own enviorment. Put another trainer in the water with it ? Well we tried that three times it didn't work (two times to many in my opinion). So what then Kill it ? why should it pay for our mistakes? We need to learn from these mistakes and stop doing what were doing. Seaworld needs to make a tank just for this animal as close to its natural setting as possable and keep it as happy as it can be for the rest of its natural life and yes they need to pay for it all ! Its not anyones fault but those who participated iin the removal of this whale from its natural setting so they could make a buck , well they now need to apologise to the whale and take care of him. Ok well thats my 2 cents

I certainly respect your opinion on this, as well as everyone else's, but I disagree with some of what you have said. You are putting human values on a creature that clearly isn't. Should it pay for what we've done to it? Sure why not? The animal doesn't have rights. What you want is to punish the company that set up this situation in the first place. I have to admit I do like that punishment idea, however they were not doing anything illegal. Pass a law that keeps companys from doing things like this to animals. Then we would be in a better situation, for us and the animal.

You cannot allow a company to legally make a business decision invest lots of money and then just pull the rug out from under them. They need to be able to dispose of this problem the most cost effective way possible.

If you want to put human values on a non human thing then put yourself in it's place. Would you want to be set free and have a chance or just killed?

Personally I'd rather have the chance.

Bottom line, for me, is this. I wish the animal wasn't in this situation. I wish it hadn't killed anyone. I wish it was in the wild living it's life the way it was intended. I really enjoy animals, they are amazing beautiful and God's creation, but this amazing beautiful creature of God, perhaps through no fault of it's own, is a killer of people and it should not be allowed to kill another human.

On another note, great discussion guys very interesting! Thank you for all your different opinions! :thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
It is a general rule that once a predator gets a taste of human blood, it will continue to prey on humans. Is that true with whales? I don't know the specific answer for that. It would be a very high risk to people in general to release this animal. People are a lot easier to catch and eat in the water than seals.

flippedXJ
02-25-2010, 08:16 PM
just kill it and be done with it a whale is just a big cow!!

xj4life2
02-26-2010, 10:09 AM
just kill it and be done with it a whale is just a big cow!!

Really.. try milking one. Been around alot of cows never seen one pick up a human , throw it around and kill it.

muddeprived
02-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Really.. try milking one. Been around alot of cows never seen one pick up a human , throw it around and kill it.

They should though, to get back at us for all that cow tippin we did.

xj4life2
02-26-2010, 10:21 AM

Quiet !!! now they know it was me !!! did I ever tell you about the time we were cow tippn at night and my friend couldn't tell a bull from a cow. never knew he could run that fast :)

muddeprived
02-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Quiet !!! now they know it was me !!! did I ever tell you about the time we were cow tippn at night and my friend couldn't tell a bull from a cow. never knew he could run that fast :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

4.3LXJ
02-26-2010, 10:41 AM

My sone did that in the dark one night. Found a stump instead :smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
02-27-2010, 08:40 PM
THIS........holds all the answers for the Killer Whale......(or atleast that one)

From the deep:

YouTube- final countdown spongebob version