PDA

View Full Version : rear drop shackle

alwaysxj
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
so the rear of my jeep is about two to three inches higher then the front. i was going to get some acos spacers to level it out but i dont have the money right now and i can not stand the look. so does anyone know where i can get or how i can make some drop shackles? is this even possible i have never seen some. let me know. thanks :popcorn:

96xj
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
why drop the rear when you can lift the front up
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1?osCsid=f0206a7cda69ec74fddc5de733e47bf0

alwaysxj
02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
that's the thing i already have a 4.5 inch coil with a spacer in the front and the rear is still higher so i would like to either get the acos or just drop the rear but i don't want to get new leaves i like the ones i have they are just too big. thanks though

4.3LXJ
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
First off, are you running a long shackle. Many lift kits come with them.

Now to answer your question. Yes it is possible, but practical, no. You just have to turn your shackle upside down. But it requires some welding and bracing. The opposite has been done, "shackle flip" as a lift kit for the rear of Fords and Chevys

You can lower it a little by taking the bottom leaf out of the pack. ride softer too

BlueXJ
02-23-2010, 06:44 AM
First off, are you running a long shackle. Many lift kits come with them.

Now to answer your question. Yes it is possible, but practical, no. You just have to turn your shackle upside down. But it requires some welding and bracing. The opposite has been done, "shackle flip" as a lift kit for the rear of Fords and Chevys

You can lower it a little by taking the bottom leaf out of the pack. ride softer too

And it is virtually free, except your labor.