PDA

View Full Version : Interco tire closes

4.3LXJ
02-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Denman tire, who is also Interco tire has been closed due to lack of operating capital. They make the Swamper and Bogger tires among other specialty tires.

http://www.wytv.com/content/news/local/story/Denman-Tire-Workers-Told-Company-Out-of-Money/TrD5e_0_-0eR5x-ifvh66Q.cspx

xjjeepthing
02-20-2010, 06:23 PM
dam
lots of tire choices and hate to see people out of work

Mudderoy
02-20-2010, 06:48 PM
This is bullshit. The government needs to cut taxes so people can stay employed or get back to work. Companys in business for 90 years failing because why? Ran poorly? I doubt it.

xj287
02-20-2010, 07:58 PM
That BITES! they're my primary tire supplier......sold 200+ set of swampers last year, and only 3 sets of BFG's....thats not good.

alwaysxj
02-20-2010, 08:03 PM
wow that sucks.

xjjeepthing
02-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Been reading not sure Denham and Interco are the same. The only tire that is Denham is the groundhog.

Voldemort
02-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Interco is it's own company and it is in Louisiana it is not closing at all. They have bou8ght tire designs of of each other but Interco is not in any trouble.http://www.denmantire.com/catalog.html

flippedXJ
02-21-2010, 04:07 PM
This is bullshit. The government needs to cut taxes so people can stay employed or get back to work. Companys in business for 90 years failing because why? Ran poorly? I doubt it.

they are too busy bailin out banks so CEOs can get their multi million dollar bonuses

xj287
02-21-2010, 06:47 PM
denman is the parent company to interco, seperate factories same company. All my swampers came on a denman truck.

BlueXJ
02-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Wonder if we can hoard a few sets now for future use.

xj287
02-22-2010, 11:07 AM
I spent most of the morning on the phone with my interco rep, the LA interco plant is still up and running, only the ground hawgs and thier agg. tire lines will be aftected. Now here's where there is going to be problems.....interco has been realying on denman to ship thier tires from the factory to vendors warehouses, as of the first of this year they started shipping via common carrier, which adds about $20. per tire on the retail end of life. Still sucks!

Voldemort
02-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Wonder if we can hoard a few sets now for future use.

I spent most of the morning on the phone with my interco rep, the LA interco plant is still up and running, only the ground hawgs and thier agg. tire lines will be aftected. Now here's where there is going to be problems.....interco has been realying on denman to ship thier tires from the factory to vendors warehouses, as of the first of this year they started shipping via common carrier, which adds about $20. per tire on the retail end of life. Still sucks!

Wasted your time Bro I have a friend that worked up a Denham and he said in 12 years he had never seen a Interco tire or even heard the name spoken.

INTERCO IS NOT CLOSING !!!!!!!!!!!

xj287
02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Wasted your time Bro I have a friend that worked up a Denham and he said in 12 years he had never seen a Interco tire or even heard the name spoken.

sorry to tell ay "bro" but they are the same company, wheather the poor guys that work there know it or not.....and I had to call down there anyway to check on a few things anyway, all part of being in the buisness.

alwaysxj
02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
sorry to tell ay "bro" but they are the same company, wheather the poor guys that work there know it or not.....and I had to call down there anyway to check on a few things anyway, all part of being in the buisness.

:poke::spank::fighting0074::fighting0061: they will be missed by all the toy guys.:smiley-laughing021:

Voldemort
02-22-2010, 10:15 PM

Denham may have at one time or another made tires for Interco, but THEY ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY!! My friend said if they made tires for Interco it was not enough to make or break them. He said they have been doing alot of pitbull tires and had done alot of Michelin tires for the DOD and that has been stopped. Also they are not even completely closed hey are hoping to get a government grant to keep them running. But whatever happens there all it will do is make Interco and the other companies that used them to be a little slow tell they find a new company to help produce their tires. So I think you better call again cause like I said before INTERCO IS NOT CLOSING!!!!!

Voldemort
02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Here is a email I got from Katie Leckelt from INTERCO TIRE CORPORATION.

Rob:
Our tires are manufactured in serveral factories one of which is Denman Tire in Ohio. This factory has been having serious financial problems during the downturn in the economy. They also manufacture farm and industrial tires which have also been affected by the economic downturn. If this factory closes we will be moving our molds to another. To get production up and running will take time and we will have some shortages on some lines of tires for a while. The tires that are not manufactured in this factory will not be affected.

If someone called someone here they may have confirmed the possible closing of this factory, but only this factory, not Interco.

We sincerely appreciate your inquiry and a chance to set the record straight.

Best wishes,
Katie Leckelt

So there you go BRO:rolleyes: maybe you misunderstood them , but for the last time

INTERCO IS NOT CLOSING!!!!!!!!!

Mudderoy
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
That's good news, at least for the consumer. Many thanks to xjtalk's investigative reporter "Big Bad XJ" :D

alwaysxj
02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
:smiley-laughing021: did this just rubb you the wrong way bigbadxj? :smiley-gen165: thanks for all the work you done on this i do not know what i would of done with out this info. thanks :patriot:

rguignard
02-23-2010, 03:58 PM
:smiley-laughing021: did this just rubb you the wrong way bigbadxj? :smiley-gen165: thanks for all the work you done on this i do not know what i would of done with out this info. thanks :patriot:

:poke: :fighting0074: :fighting0061: :flameon: :nothingtoadd:

sorry i couldnt help myself

Voldemort
02-23-2010, 11:16 PM

You know what it did a little. I do not want the forums I like to be become similar to the local news :rolleyes:, which reports stuff from opinion and is always looking or the big story to tell.

GT MOTORSPORTS
02-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Rob I appreciated your update and info. I run Boggers and will continue running Boggers... So to me this was a BIG DEAL,to know the truth. I would hate to find another tire that compares to my Boggers. Thanks again.

Greg

rguignard
02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
I do not want the forums I like to be become similar to the local news :rolleyes:, which reports stuff from opinion and is always looking or the big story to tell.

i couldnt have said it better myself :thumbsup:

DETOURS
02-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Consider Maxxis.........:thumbsup:

And when the Swamp'a store closes.......which I hope it dosent.......it might go like this.........:

Ummm...the intro..........it's a 'retail' kinda thing...........

YouTube- David Lee Roth-Yankee Rose (English) (Official Music Video)

Voldemort
03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Consider Maxxis.........:thumbsup:

And when the Swamp'a store closes.......which I hope it dosent.......it might go like this.........:

Ummm...the intro..........it's a 'retail' kinda thing...........

YouTube- David Lee Roth-Yankee Rose (English) (Official Music Video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0C611xMfIQ)

Man dude I have no idea what that means!!!!????!! :eek::eek::eek::confused::crazy::crazy:

DETOURS
03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
BWAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAA..........Geeze I love the intro to that video......

Please excuise me, I post the video's at the tale end of every winter.......Cabin fever kinda thing.....

"Retail Sales".......the intro has to do with "Retail Sales" much like the tire business.............it was a far reach, but.....I enjoyed it....'Forget about it.......still funny....:rotfl2:

Voldemort
03-08-2010, 12:39 AM
BWAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAA..........Geeze I love the intro to that video......

Please excuise me, I post the video's at the tale end of every winter.......Cabin fever kinda thing.....

"Retail Sales".......the intro has to do with "Retail Sales" much like the tire business.............it was a far reach, but.....I enjoyed it....'Forget about it.......still funny....:rotfl2:
You need to get out side Bro!!:stars: