PDA

View Full Version : toyota recall

rguignard
02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
so what do y'all think of all this ? i find it kind of funny that you can let a car run away me i turn off the key :shocker: car quits running away :thumbsup: ok maybe its hard to steer and stop but its not that hard even for my 111 pound gf can do it or my 12yr old son could do it so what do you think ?????

4.3LXJ
02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Just goes to show that most folks don't think about stuff like that when they panic.

flippedXJ
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
ya either shut it off or throw it in neutral or sumthin - why let it go 100+ and run into a lake and die

4.3LXJ
02-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Darwin Awards

flippedXJ
02-10-2010, 08:13 PM
lol exactly

Mudderoy
02-11-2010, 12:32 AM
My wife and oldest daughter get panic easy. I'm working on my oldest daughter so something like this doesn't happen to her.

BTW, turning off the key may be counter productive to steering since that locks the steering wheel.

Tap accelerator, put foot under petal and pull, brake hard, pull e-brake, neutral, or downshift.

Melissa
02-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Throw it in neutral and blow up the motor :thumbsup:

rguignard
02-11-2010, 06:00 AM
My wife and oldest daughter get panic easy. I'm working on my oldest daughter so something like this doesn't happen to her.

BTW, turning off the key may be counter productive to steering since that locks the steering wheel.

Tap accelerator, put foot under petal and pull, brake hard, pull e-brake, neutral, or downshift.

as long as the car is in gear the steering wheel will not lock it might get hard but it wont lock now if its in park it will :D you cant get your foot under the petal the floor mat is in the way :smiley-laughing021:

rguignard
02-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Throw it in neutral and blow up the motor :thumbsup:

revlimiter will keep that from happening i think but who cares its better than dieing when your going 100 and run into a tree or off into a creek or who knows :shocker:

does anyone have a newer toyota ???? try turning off the key with the motor running and in gear and tell us what happens please :thumbsup:

i tryed it with a 99 toyota and it worked so how bout a newer one

rguignard
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
here is the fix that toyota has for the gas and break problem :rotfl2:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/8/21/633864448633963040-Hybrids.jpg

yes this is posted in another thread as well sorry i couldnt help myself

BlueXJ
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
If they had bought a manual tranny it is as simple as pushing in the clutch. Foreign cars used to be available only as sticks. I have owned two Toyotas in the past and both were sticks.
My wife drives my Miata and asked what should she do if something like that was to happen to it. I told her simply push the clutch pedal.

rguignard
02-11-2010, 01:42 PM
If they had bought a manual tranny it is as simple as pushing in the clutch. Foreign cars used to be available only as sticks. I have owned two Toyotas in the past and both were sticks.
My wife drives my Miata and asked what should she do if something like that was to happen to it. I told her simply push the clutch pedal.

let it bounce off the revlimiter if it blows o well :thumbsup: its better than i life

finneys98xj
02-18-2010, 06:38 PM
I got the best fix............

DONT BUY TOYODAS

xj287
02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I got the best fix............

DONT BUY TOYODAS

hit the nail right on the head!

I have to work on those dam things every day, unbelivable piles of crap! If there was EVER a car maker that didn't deserve a "reputation for quality" it's them! I have a good friend with a 4runner on it's 5th engine, my 'runner went through 3 (i never wanted it in the first place). Every one I see at my shop is on the back of a wrecker.

And yes, you can shut off the newer yota's by turning the key, had it happen on a couple test drives last month....wasn't a big deal...even the newer ones with push button start can at least be popped into neutral pretty easy.