PDA

View Full Version : spring creek

rguignard
02-07-2010, 04:47 PM
this sucks got this off naxja :thumbdown::thumbdown::mad::mad:this is spring creek offroad in spring tx

"We have always told you guys that we would let you know something when we know something. Unfortunately, the county has given us notice that Sunday will be the last day that we will be able to ride out here. We received the information via email late Friday night. After taking some time to wrap our heads around such short notice, we are letting you guys know. We will have our TV's going for those who don't want to miss the game. Come on out & enjoy the last day we have to ride @ Spring Creek Off Road. If you'd like to bring snacks for the party, feel free, I will be making light snacks & sandwiches, but probably not enough for everyone. So if you guys want to pitch in & bring something, that would be great!

The last few years, I have gotten to know some really great people out here & I am deeply saddened by this news. Fortunately, we have all become good friends and that is something Harris County can never take from us!

We will be keeping the website up for now, so don't worry about that.

Angie"

Mudderoy
02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
this sucks got this off naxja :thumbdown::thumbdown::mad::mad:this is spring creek offroad in spring tx

"We have always told you guys that we would let you know something when we know something. Unfortunately, the county has given us notice that Sunday will be the last day that we will be able to ride out here. We received the information via email late Friday night. After taking some time to wrap our heads around such short notice, we are letting you guys know. We will have our TV's going for those who don't want to miss the game. Come on out & enjoy the last day we have to ride @ Spring Creek Off Road. If you'd like to bring snacks for the party, feel free, I will be making light snacks & sandwiches, but probably not enough for everyone. So if you guys want to pitch in & bring something, that would be great!

The last few years, I have gotten to know some really great people out here & I am deeply saddened by this news. Fortunately, we have all become good friends and that is something Harris County can never take from us!

We will be keeping the website up for now, so don't worry about that.

Angie"

Well at least I got to go before yet another off road place was closed.

kryptonitexj
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
WTF? Now where do i go if u just wanna get a lul dirty? Its this type if bs that makes my pissed off. the next closest place id general sams off road in huntsville. Over an hour away.WTF!!!

rguignard
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
its the damn tree huggers i wish they would all get bit by a rabid bat :thumbsup:

prerunner1982
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Bastards.... I bet the county doesn't realize that it could potentially help them to support an off road park. To many uninformed people making decisions.....

rguignard
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Bastards.... I bet the county doesn't realize that it could potentially help them to support an off road park. To many uninformed people making decisions.....

i dont think they care :boohoo: all they care about is themselfs. im pretty good about picking up after myself and everyone and i dont go were im not wecome so idk this just sucks :pee:

xjoverkill
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
This kinda thing is happening all over the country. Here in the carolinas we
just lost tellico which was an awesome place. I just hope uwharrie will
stay open. We need to be proactive in protecting one of americas best
recreations.

rguignard
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
i just got this email so i thought i would post it here as well

Here is whats going on from what i have gathered... Harris County has obtained the land for a project called "Spring Creek Greenway" a 12,000 acre 35 mile long deal that takes up BOTH sides of the creek for recreational use for people such as hikers, bikers, bird watchers and tree huggers in general. haha. more or less the property that Spring Creek sits on was "in the way" what they have failed to notice is that while their concern was for bird watchers, tree huggers, hikers and people of that sort, ... Spring Creek was devoted to Off-Road enthusiasts such as myself. their view on S.C. was that the people that went there were all about tearing up the land and what not, however we did our best to leave it in as natural condition as we could, they frowned upon things such as cutting down trees for fire wood, they prohibited riding in the creek for fear of contamination, not only this, its the law. what i am trying to say is we both have the same goal in mind, to provide a place for people to go and have a good time, but like i said there is no way to convince these folks of this, it just seems like America is being taken away one piece of land at a time. i remember when America was a place where all were free to do as they pleased(legally) and now the very places that we have been doing this are being taken away.

make you think doesnt it ???

flippedXJ
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
well the place I go is also @ an hour away - 85 miles from my house to be exact but the good thing in mine it is private so I dont think it will be going anywhere any time soon :cross fingers: I hope

rguignard
02-15-2010, 06:17 AM
something new and funny happend this weekend to my girlfriend she was telling someone at work about spring creek and a cust. was in the store and asked her what about it? well she told them that some tree huggers had it closed down and he says (im one of them tree huggers) so her being at work she couldnt say much other than really. i wish i would have been there i would not have been nice :pee::thumbsup:

Mudderoy
02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
something new and funny happend this weekend to my girlfriend she was telling someone at work about spring creek and a cust. was in the store and asked her what about it? well she told them that some tree huggers had it closed down and he says (im one of them tree huggers) so her being at work she couldnt say much other than really. i wish i would have been there i would not have been nice :pee::thumbsup:

Well at least the tree hugger knew someone wasn't happy about it.

rguignard
02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Well at least the tree hugger knew someone wasn't happy about it.

yep if i would have been there i would have said something about taking are only place to go around here but nancy couldnt say much becouse of being at work :sad0147: but what comes around goes around ! theres allways the rabied bat to wish for :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
yep if i would have been there i would have said something about taking are only place to go around here but nancy couldnt say much becouse of being at work :sad0147: but what comes around goes around ! theres allways the rabied bat to wish for :smiley-laughing021:

Lets look at it this way. People like nature, unspoiled and pristine. I do to. They see lifted vehicles, large tires and a big *** bumper in their rear view mirror, with lights on the same level as their side mirror. Most likely these cretins have guns as well. So not only are they in Subaru crushing vehicles from hell, they are using up all the oil, gas, and destroying the environment with those massive tires.

In steps a way for a tree hugger to fight back.

rguignard
02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Lets look at it this way. People like nature, unspoiled and pristine. I do to. They see lifted vehicles, large tires and a big *** bumper in their rear view mirror, with lights on the same level as their side mirror. Most likely these cretins have guns as well. So not only are they in Subaru crushing vehicles from hell, they are using up all the oil, gas, and destroying the environment with those massive tires.

In steps a way for a tree hugger to fight back.

true but what they dont think about if you take away all of are play places we go to places that we shouldnt go to and that just makes us look real bad :thumbdown: i always stay on the trails and allways take out what i bring in and more most times :thumbsup:

GT MOTORSPORTS
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
These people have no clue really. Yeah it is bad to destroy the eviroment. I agree with them. But we dont disrespect,its the drunken idiots that ruin it..
It has happened to a lot of places..and we good guys get screwed. I hate drunken idiots. We all can live together on the same land if we respect each other..