PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Dysfunctional Families

Melissa
02-07-2010, 02:38 AM
So I get a call monday from my mother saying that my grandma has been admitted to the hospital and is more than likely not going to make it through the night (She has cancer, been fighting it for 2 years). Then I get the next call tuesday morning telling me she has passed. So I load up my jeep and make the long drive up to Saettle,WA. As to be expected when I get there everyone is emotional, including me.

Well..................thursday my aunt Sherry and my aunt Susie (don't know what started it) start fighting, then it gets ugly. My aunt Susie charges my Aunt Sherry and they start a fist fight in the livingroom of my grandma's house. As the fight turns to major punching my Uncle Rick dives in the fight and starts punching my aunt Sherry, seeing this, my mother jumps in to stop my uncle from hurting Sherry. Then because mom got involved uncle Rick slams my mother into the china hutch and that goes crashing to the ground along with all the china, Sherry in the mean time has crawled to the phone and dials 911. When the cops get there and listen to everyone's side of the story, my aunt Susie and uncle Rick get hauled off to spend the night in jail.

the drams has ended.................so I think.

Today rolls around, the day of the funeral and as we all get to the grave side service my uncle Rick is all ready there and has my mother served with a restraining order, so the funeral director calls the cops for and the cops tell my uncle there is no way they are going to inforce a restraining order that would keep my mother from attending her own mother's funeral, my ucle gets real loud and cusses the cops and my mother out before stomping off and leaving the service, so the service continues with the police still there as peace keepers.

Then the service moves to the funeral home for a short serman, while this is going on, my mother, aunt Sherry and aunt Susie are all making snide comments back and forth, they are acting like their 5 for crying out loud.

After that the funeral goers all move to the holidy inn for the reception, while at the reception you have my Aunt Sherry on one side of the room telling her side of the story, aunt Susie on the other side of the room telling her's and my mother in the middle of the room talking about uncle Rick and the restraining order all the while ignoring each other.

I was going to stay another night in Seattle and head home tomorrow, but I could not take anymore of any of it, my gradmother would be so ashamed, and all it did was make everyone uncomfortable when trying to say their final goodbyes, so I left and came home.

The drama is far from over, grandma's estate needs to be settled and I'm sure no one is going to agree and this is all going to start up all over again............................................. oh I just can't wait :headshake::headshake::headshake:

Mudderoy
02-07-2010, 03:18 AM
So I get a call monday from my mother saying that my grandma has been admitted to the hospital and is more than likely not going to make it through the night (She has cancer, been fighting it for 2 years). Then I get the next call tuesday morning telling me she has passed. So I load up my jeep and make the long drive up to Saettle,WA. As to be expected when I get there everyone is emotional, including me.

Well..................thursday my aunt Sherry and my aunt Susie (don't know what started it) start fighting, then it gets ugly. My aunt Susie charges my Aunt Sherry and they start a fist fight in the livingroom of my grandma's house. As the fight turns to major punching my Uncle Rick dives in the fight and starts punching my aunt Sherry, seeing this, my mother jumps in to stop my uncle from hurting Sherry. Then because mom got involved uncle Rick slams my mother into the china hutch and that goes crashing to the ground along with all the china, Sherry in the mean time has crawled to the phone and dials 911. When the cops get there and listen to everyone's side of the story, my aunt Susie and uncle Rick get hauled off to spend the night in jail.

the drams has ended.................so I think.

Today rolls around, the day of the funeral and as we all get to the grave side service my uncle Rick is all ready there and has my mother served with a restraining order, so the funeral director calls the cops for and the cops tell my uncle there is no way they are going to inforce a restraining order that would keep my mother from attending her own mother's funeral, my ucle gets real loud and cusses the cops and my mother out before stomping off and leaving the service, so the service continues with the police still there as peace keepers.

Then the service moves to the funeral home for a short serman, while this is going on, my mother, aunt Sherry and aunt Susie are all making snide comments back and forth, they are acting like their 5 for crying out loud.

After that the funeral goers all move to the holidy inn for the reception, while at the reception you have my Aunt Sherry on one side of the room telling her side of the story, aunt Susie on the other side of the room telling her's and my mother in the middle of the room talking about uncle Rick and the restraining order all the while ignoring each other.

I was going to stay another night in Seattle and head home tomorrow, but I could not take anymore of any of it, my gradmother would be so ashamed, and all it did was make everyone uncomfortable when trying to say their final goodbyes, so I left and came home.

The drama is far from over, grandma's estate needs to be settled and I'm sure no one is going to agree and this is all going to start up all over again............................................. oh I just can't wait :headshake::headshake::headshake:

I learned that you have a tendency to marry the person that is most like your first relationship. That relationship is usually with your parent. For boys their Mom and for girls their Dad.

My first wife's emotions ran hot and cold. It was hard to predict. Very low self esteem as well, so eventually she left me. It's more detailed than that but we'll leave it that way for now.

When I found my current wife our relationship was so easy and natural. I would never have even spoke to her because she was just so nice and very pretty. Well we've been married for 18 years, next week, and we do have our disagreements, but we are each other's best friends.

I really don't have a relationship with my Mother as it brings back too many bad memories of a bad relationship, two actually.

rguignard
02-07-2010, 09:20 AM
sorry for your loss at least it was interesting :popcorn: but the rest is going to suck never fun. i lost my dad 11 yrs ago and that was fun and im a only child good luck with all the rest

4.3LXJ
02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
:wow: Sorry to hear about all the drama. That was even better than anyones favorite soap. Estates seem to bring out the worst of the best. I can't offer any advise except stay out of it. There is going to undoubtedly be a long expensive fight in probate.:fighting0061::fighting0061:

Melissa
02-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I am for sure going to stay out of this one, everyone used to wonder why I hide in Eastern, Oregon....................they don't anymore.

All I asked for from my mother and all my aunts and uncles was for one of them to save me something personal of grandma's that I can keep for sentimantal value.

tbone
02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry for your loss. I thought it was bad when I lost my dad, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the family.

DETOURS
02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Sorry for your loss Mel....

and

WOW!......The rest is just CRAZY!!:headshake:

xjjeepthing
02-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Mel I feel for ya. My father went through a similar situation when my grandmother passed away. Sorry for your loss

muddeprived
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Sorry about your loss Melissa....and also the Jerry Springer moment. :(

alwaysxj
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
sorry for your loss! with in the last 6 months i have lost my brother and my daughter. even though we did not have any fights it is still hard to go through it. this just might be thier way of taking it off of their minds. sorry to hear about everything. just remember they will step back and think about what has happened and everything will be good again some day. you hope.

BlueXJ
02-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the mess. You remain in my prayers. Families are the very worst to deal with.

N1TZU
02-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Sorry for your loss Melissa, Its really a damd shame that family members have to act that way in times of crisis...There is already enough stress to deal with,right....You and yours are in my prayers....Bob...

cheap jeep
02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Melissa
02-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry about your loss Melissa....and also the Jerry Springer moment. :(

I did keep wondering if Jerry Springer was going to pop out from behind a tree :smiley-scared002:

sorry for your loss! with in the last 6 months i have lost my brother and my daughter. even though we did not have any fights it is still hard to go through it. this just might be thier way of taking it off of their minds. sorry to hear about everything. just remember they will step back and think about what has happened and everything will be good again some day. you hope.

Sorry for your losses too always, what happened? Do you mind me asking?

4.3LXJ
02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Mel

I showed my wife the first post here and she said "Is that real?" I just said "Yup"

warrpath4x4
02-10-2010, 12:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, I lost all 3 of my grandparents within 18 months.

Melissa
02-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Mel

I showed my wife the first post here and she said "Is that real?" I just said "Yup"

I could not believe it either, still can't. It is going to get so much worse.

I talked to my mother and she said that my Uncle Rick has told everyone that they are not allowed in my grandmother's house and the cops said since he is the only one that gets mail there, he can do that. BUT.........my mother, my aunt Sherry and my uncle Randy are in control of grandma's estate, they are fileing to have him evicted, and the estate is valued at well over a million, so my thoughts are by the time the fighting is all said and done, there will not be a penny left after all the fighting to gain control and get the lions share.

I am going to keep my butt right here in Heppner and plug my ears untill this entire mess is over with.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, I lost all 3 of my grandparents within 18 months.

It is tough, I am now down to only one grandma on my father's side, and we don't talk much( thats a whole different very long story :smiley-scared002: ) But at least my grandparents didn't go so close together, sorry to hear that warrpath

Melissa
02-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Oh............ and someone stole my grandma's wedding ring right off her finger either right before or right after passed.

You cant make this crap up, it's just too crazy. It would make one heck of a daily soap...............................Stay tuned for more drama in the Asmussen family, it will make you feel so much better about yours :rotfl2:

4.3LXJ
02-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Oh............ and someone stole my grandma's wedding ring right off her finger either right before or right after passed.

You cant make this crap up, it's just too crazy. It would make one heck of a daily soap...............................Stay tuned for more drama in the Asmussen family, it will make you feel so much better about yours :rotfl2:

And the sleaze just gets deeper. Mel, I would report the ring to the authorities. Many times at a nursing home the underpaid staff will relieve the patients of things like this. That is more likely than the relatives, although I wouldn't rule it out.

alwaysxj
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Sorry for your losses too always, what happened? Do you mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

well with my bro he was on pain pills for a bad back and he got sick and did not come out of it.

and as far as my little girl my wife went to the doc one week and had alittle high blood pressure so they wanted to watch her so they told her to come back next week for a check up. she went back and she did not have a heart beat. she was to far along so we had to have her and go through the hole thing of putting her to rest. on the 16th was the due date so that day will be really hard for me and my wife but i guess everything happens for some reson right.:mad0090:

Melissa
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
well with my bro he was on pain pills for a bad back and he got sick and did not come out of it.

and as far as my little girl my wife went to the doc one week and had alittle high blood pressure so they wanted to watch her so they told her to come back next week for a check up. she went back and she did not have a heart beat. she was to far along so we had to have her and go through the hole thing of putting her to rest. on the 16th was the due date so that day will be really hard for me and my wife but i guess everything happens for some reson right.:mad0090:

Wow, I'm so sorry. As for everything happening for a reason, I would like to believe that, but it is hard sometimes. :(

alwaysxj
02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, I'm so sorry. As for everything happening for a reason, I would like to believe that, but it is hard sometimes. :(

yes it is but we keep our heads held high and just love our 5 year old little girl that much more.

Melissa
02-10-2010, 09:23 PM
yes it is but we keep our heads held high and just love our 5 year old little girl that much more.

Good for you!

pvt.Tadpol xj
02-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi Melissa, I was just reading all of the support from the community, and I gotta say sorry too. I have said goodbye to my share of loved one's over the years to and i know it's not easy. xjtalk

Melissa
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Melissa, I was just reading all of the support from the community, and I gotta say sorry too. I have said goodbye to my share of loved one's over the years to and i know it's not easy. xjtalk

I noticed also that I've gotten so much more support from everyone here than from my own family, Thanks everyone :patriot: