PDA

View Full Version : I Can Be Such A Girl

Melissa
01-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Today I found out that...........................yup, I am a girl :rotfl2:

No offense to girls, but I can fix my own Jeep, get right down dirty and greasy, there is nothing I like better then being covered in mud & cow shit, smelling like a feedlot, but today I could not even get my wiper blades off to change them. :headshake:

I was in Hermiston cause it was raining and just a crappy day, and while I was there I decided to stop in and say hello to warrpath since I have never met him and he's only 45 minutes away from me in Heppner. I needed to replace my wiper blades, but when I got there I struggled for 5 minutes trying to get the dam blades off, but they kicked my ***. It took and nice young man named James to change them for me, I felt like such a..............a.............a..............girl :shocker:

Well I did meet Warrpath and I have to tell you, very nice man, and boy does he have the prettiest colored eyes I have ever seen :D

Anyways, just thought I'd share my meeting with warrpath, I did tell him that when the weather gets better, I am going to bring my camera and my Jeep to get some pictures with him and his Jeep, it is nice to put a face to a name.

4.3LXJ
01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
What can I say, you are a girl:cheerleader:

RTPG
01-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Don't feel too bad as it took me 40 minutes to change my fuel filter on my Duramax today and I even have special fancy over priced tools to make it easier. :(

Now that I admitted in public that I can't use fancy tools...

I am only a little over 3 hours North of you if you ever need help with your Jeep. :D

Melissa
01-26-2010, 11:22 PM
quote=4WheelingPlus;29980]Don't feel too bad as it took me 40 minutes to change my fuel filter on my Duramax today and I even have special fancy over priced tools to make it easier. :(

Now that I admitted in public that I can't use fancy tools...

I am only a little over 3 hours North of you if you ever need help with your Jeep. :D[/quote]

I do feel better now, thanks!

I have replaced the surp belt on my diesel oh about 6 times, and I tell you what it still takes me over 30 minutes to do it even with the picture instructions right there printed on the hood :rotfl2:

I can't use fancy tools either, I have a nice little oil filter wrench just for my Jeep, but I can't figure it out, so I always end up punching a hole in the oil filter with my handy screwdriver to help get it off of there :D a little more messy, but the end result is the same.

Do you ever head over to the tri cities? I am there alot, thats the closest Costco :thumbsup: If not, I might just have to head up your way just cause, I love a good road trip when I can get away. In fact right now I am planning a road trip over to Idaho Falls, Idaho to go and adopt one maybe two catahoula puppies from a rescue, thats darn near the Wyoming boarder, I think I just might be a little crazy...................scratch that I know I'm a little crazy :smiley-scared002:

warrpath4x4
01-27-2010, 12:17 AM
It was nice to meet you and just so everyone else knows I have baby blue eyes lol. I had a catahoula hound crossed with an aussie border collie, great dog. In july a large group of us from links4jeeps.com are going camping up around naches.

warrpath4x4
01-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Oh and if james helped you, I'm glad you didn't get mauled lol.

Melissa
01-27-2010, 12:32 AM
It was nice to meet you and just so everyone else knows I have baby blue eyes lol. I had a catahoula hound crossed with an aussie border collie, great dog. In july a large group of us from links4jeeps.com are going camping up around naches.

Where is naches?

Oh and if james helped you, I'm glad you didn't get mauled lol.

Nope no mauling lol, he just fought my wiper blades and won :rotfl2:

BlueXJ
01-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Guess you drove the diesel and not the Jeep. How is the leaking seal doing?

Melissa
01-27-2010, 02:43 AM
Guess you drove the diesel and not the Jeep. How is the leaking seal doing?

I did take the jeep, but not my camera, plus it was raining, cold and crappy out, so no pictures.

Funny thing about my diesel, It has not lost any oil for a week :confused:

right now it's not leaking, I dunno.

flippedXJ
01-27-2010, 05:01 AM
well there is nothing wrong with you being a girl sometimes - speaking personaly I like chicks that arent afraid to get down and dirty but yet need some help sometimes.

good to hear about your diesel hope it holds off till you can afford to get it done.

Mudderoy
01-27-2010, 05:12 AM
well there is nothing wrong with you being a girl sometimes - speaking personaly I like chicks that arent afraid to get down and dirty but yet need some help sometimes.

good to hear about your diesel hope it holds off till you can afford to get it done.

We all need some help, sometimes. :patriot:

BlueXJ
01-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Glad to hear both things, one you drove the Jeep and two the diesel has not lost any oil lately. I am very happy about both things. I am also very happy that you are a girl too!!!

cpttuna
01-27-2010, 08:44 AM
couple of suggestions. if you buy a replacement blade, the package usually has a drawing on the inside for the different applications. keep it for reference. some jeeps use the narrow blade and some use the regular. it is sometimes easier to chage reills than it is to change the whole blade. you might want to just keep a spare set of refills on your dash and go that route. if you go the blade route stick with that particular brand so you are familiar with how they go on.

BlueXJ
01-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Even easier is the way my wife does it. She goes to the OReillys and buys the blades and they coime out and put them on and she never has to even touch them, nor do I.:smiley-gen165:

cpttuna
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
blue xj: I agree but if my wife or kids are out in the middle of nowhere, they have a spare set with them. they are able to put the new set on or wait for someone to come by and assist them.

finneys98xj
01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
No Comment.

Melissa
01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I should know how to put a set of wiper blades on, heck I replace them every year. This time though the man that replaced them ( James ) did show me how to get them on and off, I just hope I can remember.

I do like being a girl, but I have always had to rely on myself ( since I was 14 ) to get things done, so sometimes it is really hard and frustrating when I can't figure something out that seems so simple.

4.3LXJ
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the club.

RTPG
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Where is naches?
Northwest of Yakima by about 15 minutes. Awesome wheeling!

I go to Tri-cities about twice a year.

4.3LXJ
01-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Northwest of Yakima by about 15 minutes. Awesome wheeling!

I go to Tri-cities about twice a year.

I have been through Yakima a few times, but never wheeled around there except for Moses Lake. Going to have to do that some time.

N1TZU
01-31-2010, 07:16 AM
:)Hi Melissa,I just read your post...There is nothing wrong with being a girl at all sometimes..I think its cool when a lady works on her own equipment..Sometimes we all need a helping hand with something in life..:thumbsup:

Melissa
01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
:)Hi Melissa,I just read your post...There is nothing wrong with being a girl at all sometimes..I think its cool when a lady works on her own equipment..Sometimes we all need a helping hand with something in life..:thumbsup:

Thanks Bob.

I'm just hard headed and hate it when I have to ask for help for the little things :rotfl2:

BlueXJ
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
I agree with Bob. There are many times I wouldn't stop to help a guy but would help a lady in distress. I know it is chauvinistic but I can't help it. I was raised to help ladies when it comes to mechanical things.

4.3LXJ
01-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Yup, works every time. A damsel in distress is good for help from someone.

Melissa
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree with Bob. There are many times I wouldn't stop to help a guy but would help a lady in distress. I know it is chauvinistic but I can't help it. I was raised to help ladies when it comes to mechanical things.

Yup, works every time. A damsel in distress is good for help from someone.

Dam, where were you two when I blew up the motor in my Jeep??
It blew up on the freeway and NO ONE stopped to help, I had to walk 3 miles down the side of the freeway before a nice couple from Idaho finally stopped and gave me a ride into Pendleton, it was a cold, windy, crappy walk :mad:

BlueXJ
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Well I think we are an endangered breed anymore. Used to be the norm but todays generations are egocentric IMHO.

4.3LXJ
01-31-2010, 03:39 PM
I'll go along with that. I usually pick up females in distress like that so I know they will be safe.

DETOURS
02-06-2010, 03:46 PM
:)Hi Melissa,I just read your post...There is nothing wrong with being a girl at all sometimes.."I think its cool when a lady works on her own equipment"..:thumbsup:

Heheeee........I get it! :smiley-laughing021:

I had a 56 year old local here who could'nt change his own blades, and he's a truck driver.......You're alright Mel.

Melissa
02-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Heheeee........I get it! :smiley-laughing021:

I had a 56 year old local here who could'nt change his own blades, and he's a truck driver.......You're alright Mel.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I feel much better now!!