PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Rant

Mudderoy
01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
So keep in mind I live near the 5th largest (still 5th right) city in the country. I'm sure that has a lot to do with my complaint of Wal-Mart.

I very seldom shop at Wal-Mart during the 9am to 10pm times. I'd rather go at 12am to 3am time frame. Why? So you don't have to deal with all the idiots that park their baskets to block the maximum amount of the aisle. I've seen them have it at a 45 degree angle and then what room is left they stand in.

Anyway the problem I have is trying to get down an aisle during "stocking" time. I don't begrudge the employees for doing their job, what I do not understand is why they have to stock a shelf and have the buggy blocking the entire aisle.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/walmart-midnight2.jpg

I snapped a picture, which I'll post later, that illustrates what I am talking about.

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/walmart-midnight1.jpg

I'd be okay with them doing this if they'd just move the damn thing before I got there. This one guy was stocking. I got up to the basket and I grabbed it, and moved it out of the way. I could see out of the corner of my eye a look like "what do you think you are doing?"

Most people either don't go down a blocked aisle or will leave their basket at the end, walk to what they want to get and walk back. I don't do this. If they want to work without customers, bothering them, they need to close the store. Management decided not to close the store (24 hour store) so they need to inform their workers to move the **** out of the way.

BlueXJ
01-25-2010, 11:09 AM
I agree and while they are at it they need to impose traffic rules of courtesy for the idiot customers. Any infractions get $1 added to the bill at checkout. Tickets issued for employees who are not accommodating towards customers and a points system with x amount of points resulting in $1/hr deduction in salary. There are a few guys at my Wally World who would have to pay to continue working.
And while they are hiring they should check to see that all employees have basic English language skills. I asked a lady in the meat section for some veal and she said she didn't know what that was. I was amazed.
RANT OFF.

4.3LXJ
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
We had that problem here in the great metropolis of Chico also. They remodeled the store and enlarged the isles. Took care of the problem.

Indiana Jeep
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Remodeled and enlarged the aisles here in Anderson too, now the employees just have more room to stack boxes on the floor in front of their stocking carts and skids. One of the things that bother me is when the cashier is too busy talking to the others to pay attention to her job. Had a woman scan 3 of the items I was buying and kept turning around to talk to the cashier at the next aisle. Then she totaled it up and didn't even notice the other things I had on the conveyer. No one else in line and I had to tell her twice that she wasn't done. I could have cut her some slack if it was a teenager but she was in her 50's. Nothing against older folks. But I almost told her to just shut the F up and get to work.

Mudderoy
01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Remodeled and enlarged the aisles here in Anderson too, now the employees just have more room to stack boxes on the floor in front of their stocking carts and skids. One of the things that bother me is when the cashier is too busy talking to the others to pay attention to her job. Had a woman scan 3 of the items I was buying and kept turning around to talk to the cashier at the next aisle. Then she totaled it up and didn't even notice the other things I had on the conveyer. No one else in line and I had to tell her twice that she wasn't done. I could have cut her some slack if it was a teenager but she was in her 50's. Nothing against older folks. But I almost told her to just shut the F up and get to work.

No but you'd think that someone older than a teenager would have more work experience and a better work ethic. (Typing this while at work :eek:)

BlueXJ
01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Work ethic went the way of the dinosaurs in Wally World. None exists any longer.

rguignard
01-25-2010, 06:03 PM
my gf and i dont do wally world we went in there on black friday and everything we wanted was gone that would have been ok but it was 430 in the morning and the damn sale didnt start untill 500am and they were rude about it so wally world can kiss my a$$ when it come to getting my money !!!!! theres nothing there that we cant get some were else

BlueXJ
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Cheap Chinese junk is not available just everywhere. Wally has the market cornered.

rguignard
01-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Cheap Chinese junk is not available just everywhere. Wally has the market cornered.

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

finneys98xj
01-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Agree 100% with everyone^

Mudderoy
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Added pictures to the first post.

alwaysxj
01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
what you have to do is just push them out of the way. and walk really fast.

Melissa
01-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I am really not fond of Walmart, hate going there, but I have to travel 45 minutes to hermiston and walmart is a one stop shopping for me, with my budget walmart is the cheapest, so I end up going there to save money.

Mudderoy
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Dear Wal-Mart...

My wife and I shop at the Wal-Mart Supercenter #768. We often go to the store after midnight to avoid the mass of people that are there during "normal" hours. There are two things that upset me when shopping after midnight. The aisles in the food area are impassable with a basket and at times you can't walk down the entire length of the aisle. The problem is stockers and inventory. I understand that the product has to be put up sometime and I can forgo the inconvenience of having to reach over/around/through the stock that is blocking what I am trying to purchase, but when the employees block the aisle with their body and a basket filled with collapsed boxes, well I have to draw the line. Most recently I was shopping at Wal-Mart Supercenter #768 and after having to wait for 2 employees to notice me waiting to get by, on the third aisle I just moved the basket myself. The employee gave me attitude. This is really simple. Either have the basket to the side (the aisle is more than wide enough) or pay attention to the customer and move the basket out of the way before I get there.

I have mentioned my frustration to I assume is the assistant night manager, but after at least a year the problem still exists. This tells me one of several things. I must be the only person that has a problem with not being able to shop unfettered by workers or their collections of trash. I'm not the only one, but the only one that has complained about this issue. Or many people have complained and the management at Wal-Mart Supercenter #768 just don't care about the few people that shop after midnight.

Again I understand that stock has to be put out sometime, but the employees can easily keep the aisle clear. I can tell you from when I was much younger and worked at stores we did stuff like that so people WOULDN'T come down the aisle and BOTHER us. Hmmm maybe it's karma paying me back.

If you like I have a really crappy/fuzzy camera phone picture that will illustrate what I am talking about. Give me an e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

By the way, I know people complain from time to time to try and get free stuff, or a discount. I am not interested in either. All I want is a response telling me that something will be done about this, or sorry you'll just have to deal with this frustration.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though I was on the corp website, apparently this goes to the store in question (perhaps as well). Anyway it should be interesting to see if there is a response, and what that response will be.

4.3LXJ
01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
I just don't go there except for certain items. In our small metropolis, Walmart mad a bid to take over all the shopping with two super centers. That is a lot for an area with a combined population of 100,000. That would have devastated most of the food stores and other department stores. There was quite a fight at city hall between those who just wanted cheap stuff and those who wanted to preserve our town and way of life. Walmart surveyed, at their own store of course, and whined and cried about it and told the city council how community minded they were. In the end, the council said OK, you are community minded. If the local brewery can go 100% solar, so can you. And while you are at it, we want you to donate one million for wood stove conversion so we can have cleaner air. I guess it wasn't worth it to them because they backed out and jsut remodeled their one store.

muddeprived
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I used to work day/night shift at wal-fart. We are given a quota of a certain number of pallets that we must finish by the end of our shifts in the morning. In order to do this, we have to break down the pallets and put all the products near it's location and then work our way down the aisle. This saves alot of time BUT it is an inconvenience for customers. Yeah they should keep the aisle clean and clear to avoid accidents but it seems like they are letting stuff slide these days. We were told that new policy states we cannot use store shopping carts during work. Shopping carts are off limits BUT it seems like your store isn't following that rule.

You will get attitudes from walmart associates if you walk wrong, ask them a question, or even look at them in a manner that gets their attention. After so many years working and dealing with mean customers, it has a tendency to make the associates "hard" and you see attitudes like you experienced the other day. My first 3 years at wal-fart were cool and I took care of every customer I could but during my 4th and 5th year I started losing it cuz customers would just be downright mean to me when something wasn't in stock. I went from trying to help everyone to avoiding as many customers as I can cuz it's not fun to get yelled at for something that's not your fault....and not be able to yell back (policy).

My advice to you: next time this happens, go to the customer service desk or a cashier and demand to speak to a manager. State the issue and which aisle it's occurring in and they should take care of it. DON'T LEAVE until you see them fix the issue. ;)

Mudderoy
01-27-2010, 10:09 PM
I used to work day/night shift at wal-fart. We are given a quota of a certain number of pallets that we must finish by the end of our shifts in the morning. In order to do this, we have to break down the pallets and put all the products near it's location and then work our way down the aisle. This saves alot of time BUT it is an inconvenience for customers. Yeah they should keep the aisle clean and clear to avoid accidents but it seems like they are letting stuff slide these days. We were told that new policy states we cannot use store shopping carts during work. Shopping carts are off limits BUT it seems like your store isn't following that rule.

You will get attitudes from walmart associates if you walk wrong, ask them a question, or even look at them in a manner that gets their attention. After so many years working and dealing with mean customers, it has a tendency to make the associates "hard" and you see attitudes like you experienced the other day. My first 3 years at wal-fart were cool and I took care of every customer I could but during my 4th and 5th year I started losing it cuz customers would just be downright mean to me when something wasn't in stock. I went from trying to help everyone to avoiding as many customers as I can cuz it's not fun to get yelled at for something that's not your fault....and not be able to yell back (policy).

My advice to you: next time this happens, go to the customer service desk or a cashier and demand to speak to a manager. State the issue and which aisle it's occurring in and they should take care of it. DON'T LEAVE until you see them fix the issue. ;)

Yeah I try not to take it out on the worker. If I get "direct" with them I'll often say "I'm not upset with you, but with your policy". It usually gets them in the right mind set to help me. Now if they get personal, then so do I. Thanks for the info, makes perfect sense. Again I have NO problem with them putting all the stock out so they can get it on the shelves, I just think that blocking the entire aisle is ridiculous.

muddeprived
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah I try not to take it out on the worker. If I get "direct" with them I'll often say "I'm not upset with you, but with your policy". It usually gets them in the right mind set to help me. Now if they get personal, then so do I. Thanks for the info, makes perfect sense. Again I have NO problem with them putting all the stock out so they can get it on the shelves, I just think that blocking the entire aisle is ridiculous.

Maybe we should fab up our own shopping carts and bring em with us. Make em with coil-over 12" travel shocks and 25" atv mud tires that can just crawl over any obstacle or shopping cart in it's path.

Mudderoy
01-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Maybe we should fab up our own shopping carts and bring em with us. Make em with coil-over 12" travel shocks and 25" atv mud tires that can just crawl over any obstacle or shopping cart in it's path.

That would be cool, but I'd rather just go with the regular cart and when there was a blocked aisle just yell ramming speed and bust through it.