PDA

View Full Version : back up

rguignard
01-19-2010, 09:39 PM
well im backup allready :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
01-19-2010, 10:01 PM
well im backup allready :thumbsup:

Yep yep. And the access is a little more than 3 times faster than it was before.

BlueXJ
01-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks Muddy!!!!!!!!!!

4.3LXJ
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Glad to hear it. Missed ya'll

alwaysxj
01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Yep yep. And the access is a little more than 3 times faster than it was before.

it must just be my system here at work but it seems like it is ten times slower and it is just this sit anything else i look at on the internet pops right up but xjtalk takes like 2-3 minutes to load. what is wrong turn it back to the old style.

Mudderoy
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
it must just be my system here at work but it seems like it is ten times slower and it is just this sit anything else i look at on the internet pops right up but xjtalk takes like 2-3 minutes to load. what is wrong turn it back to the old style.

The only thing I have measured is from my system to various servers around the country. The slowest was twice as fast as before.

Each Internet path is different though, or could be. It is possible that the overall speed is much faster but the path you have to take to the server is longer, as in more hops.

Still I'm am very surprised that you have to wait that long. The system is much faster than it used to be, and now the Internet speed is much faster.

Keep letting me know about these type of issues. If they persist there are a few things we can check and possibly report it to AT&T.

alwaysxj
01-20-2010, 04:45 PM
some times it is fast to get the page up but it take for ever for it to load all the way so you can click on anything. but then some times it pulls up just fine. it could be that their are about 5 thousand people surfing the web right now in my company.

4.3LXJ
01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
some times it is fast to get the page up but it take for ever for it to load all the way so you can click on anything. but then some times it pulls up just fine. it could be that their are about 5 thousand people surfing the web right now in my company.

Mud

It is working much faster for me, so I of course have no complaints. But commenting on the above situation, I experienced a similar problem on another forum. Since I can monitor my in and out data transfer, here is what I found when the page would come up with no info on it. There would be an initial data feed with the header and buttons, but blank underneath. Then there would be a long pause with no feed at all. Then the rest would come about 30 seconds later after my CPU bumped it a few times for the rest.

rguignard
01-21-2010, 06:15 AM
last night it wouldnt load at all for me anyone have any problem or was it just me ???

cheap jeep
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM
I couldn't get it to load last night either,I tried twice. Today it loaded fine,we did have trouble with cable tv and the lights flickered,my internet is through the phone lines.

Mudderoy
01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
I found an error in one of the many changes that I had to make. In the process of fixing that error the board was down for about 3 to 4 hours.

I'm still verifying things but I think everything should be stable now.

BTW, that one error may have made things slow because pictures that were being hosted from xjtalk.com would not load.