PDA

View Full Version : Police VS. You

Melissa
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
So.................... since I just got pulled over by a state police officer Monday for going 66 in a 55, I was wondering how many times everyone has been pulled over and for what reasons.

I have only been pulled over 4 times since I turned 16......................

At 18 I got a ticket for yielding at a stop sign in a parking lot.........ticket got dropped and I got traffic school.

At 20 I got a verbal warning for doing 40 in a 35

At 32 I got a verbal warning for a tail light out

At 32 I got a verbal warning for going 66 in a 55.

When I got pulled over Monday for speeding, he could have given me a ticket, but I believe since he asked me if I knew how fast I was going, and I was truthfull about doing 66 and also the fact I have a clean driving record, he let me off with just a warning and told me to slow down :smiley-gen165:.

Hmmm..............I guess this makes me a pretty legal beagle :rotfl2:

rguignard
01-15-2010, 04:47 PM
too many times to count :shocker: when a was 20 or so really fast car :driving: i only had two speeds all the way down and idle :smiley-laughing021:

Dirt Dogg Rydas
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
To many to count also although i do remember that one year I got about 10 tickets and onc i got ticketed twice on the same day

BlueXJ
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM
T.n.t.c.......................

afbond03
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I did good until I signed up for the military. Two weeks into the delayed entry program, I got two tickets in a week. 55 in 45 and 75 in 65. Luckily those are the only two tickets I have been given.
Wait wait wait...this summer when I wrecked my wife's Camry and WE called the State Police and WAITED on them FOREVER, I got a failure to stay in lane ticket. That one really pissed me off because they weren't there to see it, they just went off of what I told them happened, and again..I had to call and wait for them retards to come to us.
So in almost 10 years of driving, 3 tickets. Hopefully I can continue to keep the lead out of my foot when driving the Z.

4.3LXJ
01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
66 in a 55? Her in CA you can get run over at that speed. I was doing 80 on the I5 yesterday and got passed by a cop doing 90 just going somewhere, no lights.

xj4life2
01-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I was an avid street racer in SO Cal years ago I had 9 exhibition of speed tickets to my credit, countless speeding tickets. As a matter of fact I actually got two speeding tickets when I was on a learners permit with my parents in the car. The last time before the Judge he took my GTO as partial payment of the fine. thats when I gave Street raceing for good.

I haven't had a moving violation since however I did get a mud flap ticket.

Melissa
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Wow, all that makes me sound very boring :rotfl2:

Mudderoy
01-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I was an avid street racer in SO Cal years ago I had 9 exhibition of speed tickets to my credit, countless speeding tickets. As a matter of fact I actually got two speeding tickets when I was on a learners permit with my parents in the car. The last time before the Judge he took my GTO as partial payment of the fine. thats when I gave Street raceing for good.

I haven't had a moving violation since however I did get a mud flap ticket.

lol that's great. I had a piston go bad in my 327 that I put in my first car, and 73 Pontiac Ventura. I ran into a back of a 73 Monty Carlo. I was slowing down, but she was up past 130 shortly before that. Bastard pulled into my lane! :rotfl2:

That was my first and last wreck, at least so far. Hmmm I guess the Jeep spin could be considered a wreck, but anyway...

I scared my then girlfriend when a 18 wheeler was coming head on during a pass maneuver I made, luckily there was a big parking lot on the far side.

I took all the good parts from my Ventura and put in/on a 72 Nova. It was a 6.7 0 to 60 130+ car. I drove fast a lot with it, and that's how I learned to pick and choose when I drove fast. Also to look around like a fighter pilot watching for cops.

I actually sold the Nova and bought a 1980 Chevy pickup simply because I thought I was going to get hurt or get into big trouble if I kept driving fast cars.

I would routinely drive down I-10 about 1am going home from work at 100+ miles per hour. I had a couple of cops catch up to me, of course by the time they did I was doing the speed limit and in the far right hand lane. Yes that was in the XJ.

I've had the XJ up to 100 after lifting and before the gear change. I think I may have done it with the 4.56 gears, not sure. I'm amazed how fast that little box will go. I haven't been above, hmmm I guess 90 mph since I put on the bumpers.

I test drove a Viper some years ago, and got up to 130 in second gear. lol salesman told me he wanted to go fast. If I had the money I'd get a Viper in a second. Loved that car.

Anyway I haven't had a speeding ticket in about 20 years. The last ticket I got was for an expired registration. I think it was expired a year or so prior to the ticket. :D

rguignard
01-16-2010, 08:35 AM
The last ticket I got was for an expired registration. I think it was expired a year or so prior to the ticket. :D

:smiley-laughing021: i know all about that i did the same thing about 4 years ago

cheap jeep
01-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I have had about 5 tickets. I got 2 tickets at once when I just turned 17,1 for being out after curfew and the other 1 for driving after curfew. In Illinois driving after curfew is an invalid drivers license,so they pulled my license for 2 month. Later on they lowered the curfew age to 17,I would have been legal.

4.3LXJ
01-16-2010, 11:11 AM
My first ticket was at 16. It was a DUI. I rolled a flat fender with 7 other people in it. You can only get that many people in it if you are drunk. The amazing thing is that with no roll bar, the only injury was a broken pinky finger. That pretty much ended my heavy drinking. By 26 I had quit entirely.

Mudderoy
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
My first ticket was at 16. It was a DUI. I rolled a flat fender with 7 other people in it. You can only get that many people in it if you are drunk. The amazing thing is that with no roll bar, the only injury was a broken pinky finger. That pretty much ended my heavy drinking. By 26 I had quit entirely.

Wow, but it sounds like it worked out in the long run. I don't drink, never have. I've tried several drinks but all of the taste bad. I don't care for the effects of alcohol at all, so no reason to drink.

When people offer me a drink I used to say "Thank you, but I don't drink." They feel bad and explain how they have been trying to cut back etc... I usually tell them I don't care if they drink, but it just seems to bum them out. So now I just tell them I can't drink anymore. If they question I just whisper, "you know the meetings?". Now they feel superior, or some a little nervous. :rotfl2:

4.3LXJ
01-16-2010, 11:50 PM
I never really had much fun anyway. I finally looked in the fridge one day and noticed a couple of cans of beer that had been there for two years. I thought it was probably stale anyway so I threw it out. I never decided to quit, it just sort of happened.

Melissa
01-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Wow, but it sounds like it worked out in the long run. I don't drink, never have. I've tried several drinks but all of the taste bad. I don't care for the effects of alcolhol at all, so no reason to drink.

When people offer me a drink I used to say "Thank you, but I don't drink." They feel bad and explain how they have been trying to cut back etc... I usually tell them I don't care if they drink, but it just seems to bum them out. So now I just tell them I can't drink anymore. If they question I just whisper, "you know the meetings?". Now they feel superior, or some a little nervous. :rotfl2:

I hit my party stage at 23. I was married and had my girls at 19 and 21, so never thought about drinking. Then at 23, I found myself divorced and had alot of time on my hands when my girls were with their dad, so I statred to party with my free time, I could drink anyone under the table for a long time :smiley-scared002: Then one day about 2 years later, nothing alcoholic tasted good antmore so I quit. Now 7 years later I can only stand a social drink once in awhile, and prefer my Pepsi over anything, so now I am always the designated driver :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
01-17-2010, 12:44 PM
I hit my party stage at 23. I was married and had my girls at 19 and 21, so never thought about drinking. Then at 23, I found myself divorced and had alot of time on my hands when my girls were with their dad, so I statred to party with my free time, I could drink anyone under the table for a long time :smiley-scared002: Then one day about 2 years later, nothing alcoholic tasted good antmore so I quit. Now 7 years later I can only stand a social drink once in awhile, and prefer my Pepsi over anything, so now I am always the designated driver :thumbsup:

I'm no expert but I believe people drink because it gives them a freedom to act silly, or at least different that how society expects them to act. I can do that at any given moment. Besides I'd rather have my wits about me.

4.3LXJ
01-17-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm no expert but I believe people drink because it gives them a freedom to act silly, or at least different that how society expects them to act. I can do that at any given moment. Besides I'd rather have my wits about me.

:thumbsup: I agree with that.

BlueXJ
01-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I have been the designated driver for over 20 years and I always want to just see who the designated drunk is. Don't want them throwing up in my backseat.

4.3LXJ
01-17-2010, 05:55 PM
:toothorn::toothorn::toothorn: