PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new car

BlueXJ
01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
If you were going to buy a new car in todays economy.Fuel prices going up everyday to possibly $4,what would you look at?

Mudderoy
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
If you were going to buy a new car in todays economy.Fuel prices going up everyday to possibly $4,what would you look at?

I would stick with a gas or diesel only engine. I would NOT purchase a hybrid.

Now when the electrics come out I would buy one of those, assuming that it is at least 200 miles to the charge and charging can be done in 10 minutes, or from home.

As far as the specific car? I don't know. I doubt I'll ever buy another new one.

afbond03
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
We bought a Nissan 370z...so I am not much help here.

I really like Ford's line-up right now. Both their cross-overs and their cars look really good and are priced right I think.

We previously had a Camry and of course loved it.

What are you looking for? What is the purpose of the car? What do you really want to spend?

I hate to say it...Kia's are looking good to and seem to be holding up.

BlueXJ
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Wife wants a new car to take trips in that is not the XJ. She was looking at a Tahoe or Escalade but I think I have convinced her to drop the Escalade from her list.

Has anyone tried a Hyundai SUV yet?

Mudderoy
01-13-2010, 04:57 PM
lol those aren't cars! Hmmm I might be inclined to see if I could swing a tow rig! Dodge, or Ford pickup.

afbond03
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
I have known people with the older model Santa Fe, they seemed to like them and I never heard of any major problems out of them. I haven't seen to many new model Santa Fe's though.
A buddy of mine did just get his wife a new Kia Sorento, it is pretty dang nice I will admit.
No, I don't work for Kia...sure sounding like it.

finneys98xj
01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
In-laws got a santa Fe (newer model) It is a piece of shit!!!!!

xjjeepthing
01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Ford Escape or Ford Fusion. Both are dependable and are nice rides

4.3LXJ
01-13-2010, 08:59 PM
My dream machine if buying new, which I haven't done since 1973, would be the New Dakota hybrid. It has a Hemi, which will run on 4 cylinders and get 25 mpg. It also has a 40 mile range on a selectable all electric mode. When I get solar on the house, I will probably get one and drive locally for free.

Melissa
01-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Wife wants a new car to take trips in that is not the XJ. She was looking at a Tahoe or Escalade but I think I have convinced her to drop the Escalade from her list.

Has anyone tried a Hyundai SUV yet?

My friend has a 2000 something Tahoe for sale in Oregon, pretty cheep.

My mother owns a Hyundai Santa Fe....................... me no like.....crap

Ford Escape or Ford Fusion. Both are dependable and are nice rides

Me too, I really like the look of the Fusions

drakan1908
01-14-2010, 08:34 AM
My wife was looking at the Kia Forte Koup. We test drove one and it was really nice. But she has decided to buy a ZJ.......Great another Jeep to build.

Mudderoy
01-14-2010, 09:02 AM
My wife was looking at the Kia Forte Koup. We test drove one and it was really nice. But she has decided to buy a ZJ.......Great another Jeep to build.

drak, she's a keeper! :thumbsup: