PDA

View Full Version : 31" tires on stock suspension

Jeepster19
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM
I just changed from 30x9.50-15 to 31x10.5-15.I need to go up 2" for clearance cheaply,any suggestions?My xj drives fine on the street but I know it will be a problem off-road.I can buy 2" blocks from the local auto parts store but I dont know what to do for the front,will I need longer shocks to make this happen once I find something for the front?

finneys98xj
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I just changed from 30x9.50-15 to 31x10.5-15.I need to go up 2" for clearance cheaply,any suggestions?My xj drives fine on the street but I know it will be a problem off-road.I can buy 2" blocks from the local auto parts store but I dont know what to do for the front,will I need longer shocks to make this happen once I find something for the front?

Dont go with block they will cuz more problems overtime than they are worth.

But you have several options for the front:
1. 2" coil spacers
2. 70's ford truck coil springs(most say they ride stiff) but they give about 3ins of lift
3. V-8 ZJ coil springs good for an inch and then an inch spacer

Rear:
1. Bastard pack out of S10 or dakota springs depends on the combo of spring but can give up to 4ins.
2. 2in lift shakles.
3. Shitty lift blocks(The leafs on xjs are weak are blocks can cause big problems.

Best all the way around is buying a lift but money may not permit.

Shocks will need to be change if you go higher than 2ins. With 2ins you should be safe.

Jeepster19
01-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanku for your help!After doing a little homework I found 2" lift springs on "Rusty's Offroad website for $99.00!They also have a set of 2.5" blocks for the rear for $45.00 dollars which are angled for correct pinion angle.I don't go off-road much so I hope this will be ok for now.My XJ is mostly street driven except for hunting season.