PDA

View Full Version : Which Mirror?

4.3LXJ
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I remember reading somewhere that you could upgrade the early XJ side mirrors with some wider ones. I can't remember if they were later model XJ or ZJ mirrors. The plan is to go to an electric heated mirror. I have already changed the console and added the stock switch.

Mudderoy
01-04-2010, 01:17 PM
I remember reading somewhere that you could upgrade the early XJ side mirrors with some wider ones. I can't remember if they were later model XJ or ZJ mirrors. The plan is to go to an electric heated mirror. I have already changed the console and added the stock switch.

Well I didn't do an extensive search but this sounds like what you were talking about...

:link: (http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/body/154_0901_jeep_cherokee_xj_door_upgade/index.html)

This is replacing the DOORs so get the updated mirrors, power windows, etc...

BlueXJ
01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Great sounding upgrade. If you do this 4.3L do a writeup and I may followsuit with my MJ.

Mudderoy
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Great sounding upgrade. If you do this 4.3L do a writeup and I may followsuit with my MJ.

If you went to the link you may have noticed that it was a MJ they were upgrading. :patriot:

4.3LXJ
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Well I didn't do an extensive search but this sounds like what you were talking about...

:link: (http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/body/154_0901_jeep_cherokee_xj_door_upgade/index.html)

This is replacing the DOORs so get the updated mirrors, power windows, etc...

I did a search on NAXJA and found that in 98 they went to heated electric mirrors as an option. Haven't seen any in decent shape in the JY yet. The heater works off the defroster switch. So I guess I will do a little wiring.

I did find that there are a number of mirrors you can get. I wanted ZJ mirrors because they are bigger and more functional if you have the wind wing windows I have. Here is what you can get.

http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?cid=29&jeep-sid=206&plID=1029

BlueXJ
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
If you went to the link you may have noticed that it was a MJ they were upgrading. :patriot:

I did notice that Mudd and I could use a new set of doors as well. I was also noticing that the door latches don't quite seem to match up. So I would like to see how much trouble this is going to be since I DD my MJ. The article had a great description of wiring it up and I assume those colors and circuits correspond with the MJ as well.
My FSM does not cover the wiring for the MJ so I will have to experiment. Would love to see if this can be incorporated into a plug which would make the doors much easier to remove if I wanted that option too.

4.3LXJ
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I did notice that Mudd and I could use a new set of doors as well. I was also noticing that the door latches don't quite seem to match up. So I would like to see how much trouble this is going to be since I DD my MJ. The article had a great description of wiring it up and I assume those colors and circuits correspond with the MJ as well.
My FSM does not cover the wiring for the MJ so I will have to experiment. Would love to see if this can be incorporated into a plug which would make the doors much easier to remove if I wanted that option too.

Mine has a plug. You can always make your own. You an buy waterproof GM style plugs at NAPA or equivalent stores and make whatever you want.