PDA

View Full Version : Warn Power Plant

Indiana Jeep
12-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Has anyone gotten or used the Warn Powerplant winch air compressor combo?
It's going to be a while before I install a winch, got a few other projects to finish before I buy one :-), and I was just curious as to how well it operates. The few reviews I've read all seem like it's worth the price.:driving::confused:

Mudderoy
12-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Tinschick on tjtalk.com has one, I believe. If my memory is correct, she loves it.

BlueXJ
12-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I inquyired about them and the Smittybilt one from one of our vendors and was advised against purchasing one because the compressors are not well built from his prospective. I was trying tr him saying that when the air side goes bad it can cost as much to repair as a new winch too.o save precious space with the combination winch/compressor. I think I remember him telling me the compressor was very expensive to replace too.

DETOURS
12-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Thats cRaZy money for that set up.........:pee:

Mudderoy
12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Thats cRaZy money for that set up.........:pee:

But it's a WARN. If I could afford a WARN I'd have one. ;)

Indiana Jeep
12-26-2009, 05:44 PM
That's one of the main selling points! But first I want to get a Detours backbone, would like to get about a 4 inch lift but I'm thinking 2" kit will sufice since I'm not doing any major off roading anymore. Well, that and the cost, lol! For now I'm thinking of the tomken 2" kit and getting some 30" MTZs next summer. The Backbone will be a definite purchase, but I'll probably go with a more "cost efficient" winch. Yep I'am a cheapass!! (Oh wait can I say that on here!?!:redx:

Mudderoy
12-26-2009, 06:14 PM
That's one of the main selling points! But first I want to get a Detours backbone, would like to get about a 4 inch lift but I'm thinking 2" kit will sufice since I'm not doing any major off roading anymore. Well, that and the cost, lol! For now I'm thinking of the tomken 2" kit and getting some 30" MTZs next summer. The Backbone will be a definite purchase, but I'll probably go with a more "cost efficient" winch. Yep I'am a cheapass!! (Oh wait can I say that on here!?!:redx:

You can't have a MAC and call yourself cheap. :smiley-laughing021:

muddeprived
12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I never owned one but I got rescued by one. I was working my way up a muddy hill and my tire hit a rock and lost air. This tj with a powerplant came by and offered to air up my tire. The compressor on that thing is great and aired up my tire in less than 20 seconds. Me like......

DETOURS
12-27-2009, 05:17 PM
But it's a WARN. If I could afford a WARN I'd have one. ;)

I see the winky smilie........but let hold back on bad information on the interweb......:headshake:

The Superwinch is a smok'in winch. :thumbsup:

FearNoFish
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I Just bought a used one. It was minius the top & front cover. I thought it was a good deal but just the covers from Warn are $400 bucks. If anyone has a source for less expensive Warn repair parts than the factory I would be thankful to hear.

FNF

afbond03
12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
A guy in our local 4x4 club, actually the owner of gotreks.com has one on his JK. He didn't have to use the winch the day I was out with them but he did use the compressor at the end of the run and it filled up his tires ALOT quicker than my VIAIR setup. If you got the money, or want to throw that kind of money at one, go for it.