PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Ebay

4.3LXJ
12-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I was trying to log on to Ebay today, and having forgotten my pass work after five years, I was hooked up to live chat help. That shouldn't be any big deal. But I have an Apple computer and so I have a little bit of extra goodies. One is a monitor that tells me when data goes in and out on the net. While chatting, Ebay was querying my computer for data and getting it. I shut down he wireless and rebooted it twice. I asked the technician what was going on twice, only to receive "didn't get your last transmission. But I know she did because of the surge in data out.

So, I thought you might want a heads up on this. It would appear that Ebay is also in the spy ware business.

Mudderoy
12-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I was trying to log on to Ebay today, and having forgotten my pass work after five years, I was hooked up to live chat help. That shouldn't be any big deal. But I have an Apple computer and so I have a little bit of extra goodies. One is a monitor that tells me when data goes in and out on the net. While chatting, Ebay was querying my computer for data and getting it. I shut down he wireless and rebooted it twice. I asked the technician what was going on twice, only to receive "didn't get your last transmission. But I know she did because of the surge in data out.

So, I thought you might want a heads up on this. It would appear that Ebay is also in the spy ware business.

Very interesting. I think you can get your account and password via e-mail though. Yeah you never know what is being loaded when you "ALLOW" those programs to install and run. All the more reason to have a virtual operating system running for stuff just like that.

BlueXJ
12-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Very interesting. I will be more careful, thanks 4.3L.