PDA

View Full Version : Nexen Roadian MTX tires

Mudderoy
10-24-2019, 12:55 AM
In July I was invited to a small off road event, in Big Bear California one of 5 guests. It was put on by Nexen Tires (https://nexentiresusa.com) The idea was to show off the Nexen Roadian MTX to some people with a Internet footprint. I was there due to the Jeep Talk Show.

We took 4 Jeeps, one was Don Alexander's personal JKU, a JKU rental, a JK rental, and a TJ rental, all on 37" Nexen Roadian MTX tires. I selected the TJ. The TJ was on Rockjock 60's, antirock sway bars front and rear, ARB locked front and rear. There was literally no where I couldn't go and no where I felt unsafe. It was a lot like driving in Houston rush hour traffic, you know when you accidentally drive over a Prius or two.

I have no experience on rocks, well boulders, like the ones on the John Bull trail. The TJ handled it easily. The others had much more rock crawling experience than I and they were all amazed at how well the Nexen Roadian MTX's handled the trails.

Initially I was promised a free set of Roadian's for my Jeep but I ran out of time before this off road event Oct 25-27. My KM2s needed to be replaced, and this was an excellent opportunity to see how well these Roadians worked on my Jeep.

So last Thursday I ordered a set of 5 33x12.5x15 online and had them shipped to a local tire store. It was less than 24 hours to have them shipped free to the store. $999.95, $86 in taxes plus $125 to install. Yeah $125, NTB a$$holes.

At least on road these tires have really impressed me. Quite for a mud terrain and very easy and smooth to drive on. All tires are smooth when you first get them right? Well I don't recall this much of a difference when I got my KM's or KM2's. So far very impressed and very happy.

4.3LXJ
10-24-2019, 01:01 PM
I hear ya on the installation. Getting to be quite expensive to have tires mounted and balanced. Glad you like the tires. Wish they made one in a 39 or 40"

Mudderoy
10-24-2019, 07:24 PM
I think they will depending on how people start buying them.

downsy
10-25-2019, 07:49 AM
Crap like NTB pulls is one of the reasons i bought manual tire changer and a bubble balancer. Ill just do it myself.

NTB is also crooked as hell around here. They tried to upsell my wife when she was in getting a tire patched on a sunday (discount, who i prefer to deal with was closed) for a new air filter and cabin filter claiming "theyre very dirty and need replaced" except for i had just changed them a week prior per my maintenance schedule.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

denverd1
01-28-2020, 11:02 AM
they're making a 37 (nothing bigger), but's its 12 ply