PDA

View Full Version : power window wiring

denverd1
05-31-2019, 06:19 PM
Last time out, met up with downsy at Barnwell. went back to camp and passenger window would not roll up. was fine till I left Sunday, but had 98" of rain on the way... so put 12V to the business end of it, window rolled up - much faster than before.

For several years, been using driver control panel to operate all windows. Obviously the driver window lock switch has gone bad. found the bypass for it, merging the two wires behind DS kick panel.

pass window works great jumping 12V to either wire for up and down, so reg and motor are fine. need to get my windows operating. sounds like I've got a bad wire somewhere, pass window switch does nothing even after lock switch bypassed.

what's the most painless way to get my windows operating? rears are fine from both driver switch panel and each rear switch. there's at least 16 wires running to pass door switches. Is it really this complicated? I can reach all switches from driver seat, so should I just pick one (driver or each door control) wire each door switch individually and roll on? looked at wiring diagram and couldn't figure it out...

anyone ever bypassed stock wiring?

4.3LXJ
05-31-2019, 08:52 PM
First thing I would do is get some OxGuard. It is a conductor with some grit in it. Use a tooth pick, not your fingers, to put a little in each hole of the plug. Then plug it back in and out a few times. Stuff works. You may only have corroded contacts in the plug. I haven't tried to take the switch apart yet to clean up, but that may happen someday on my own