PDA

View Full Version : CB Radio

weimgl
05-29-2019, 10:04 PM
I recently listened to an old episode of the Jeep Talk Show and they interviewed someone who specializes in CB radios. Does anyone know what was the name of that company and or the company website?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downsy
05-29-2019, 10:23 PM
Do you have an episode number? Im thinking maybe Wolcott Radio. Theyre big on CBs. Lots of people are making the move to HAM/vhf uhf.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

weimgl
05-29-2019, 10:35 PM
I think it was pretty recent. The interview was with a lady from the company and she explained the difference between ham and cb radios and the importance of tuning the antenna to the radio or you could fry the radio with the RF. I think I remember just about everything of the interview except the name of the company....The one you suggested doesn’t sound familiar.

weimgl
05-29-2019, 10:37 PM
I’ve considered a ham license. I’d like to learn more about it...it just taking the time to do so.

Pinkyman
05-30-2019, 07:35 AM
I’ve considered a ham license. I’d like to learn more about it...it just taking the time to do so.

Xj-Jake from here, and another friend of ours and I started "Hamsters Offroad" on Facebook for just this reason. Were trying to grow it, but Jake has been posting videos on the generals of HAM vs CB, and just the basics of it. Hes always been a HUGE HAM guy with a station set up at his house and all. We can try to make it beneficial to you, or answer any questions you might have :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
05-30-2019, 08:00 AM
Someone needs to register as Richard Gere and join the group.

Mudderoy
05-30-2019, 10:46 AM

Check out Ham Radio Crash Course https://www.youtube.com/user/hoshnasi

prerunner1982
05-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Episode 364
CB World
https://www.wearecb.com/jeep-cb-radio-kit.html

Feel free to ask any ham questions you have, there are a handful of us here that would be willing to help.
You can ask CB questions too.