PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Jeep Invasion - Houston (Conroe) March 23, 2019

Mudderoy
03-19-2019, 11:14 PM

The Great state of Texas has so much to offer the Jeep Community. From the piney woods of East Texas, to the rocky terrain of Palo Duro Canyon and Big Bend, to the winding back roads of the Hill Country, and over 300 miles of Beach, jeepers have called every inch of this amazing state home. With so much space, we are hoping to bring the community closer.

Vendors and you, the Jeeper, will be the main focus of the Lone Star Jeep Invasion. Come to meet and purchase from many of your favorite merchandisers focusing solely on Jeeps of all varieties. Vendors will have merchandise available for sale and order, not just products for display.

The following day, the Lone Star Jeep Invasion will have a ride to General Sam's Offroad Park.

Our Team has hosted or participated in many of these events locally and nationally. We have come together to give you a jeep event for Jeepers by Jeepers like no other.
Lone Star Convention Center
9055 Airport Rd.
Conroe, TX 77303

Benefiting Texas Equusearch & Santa Maria Hostel

XJ Wheeler
03-20-2019, 12:40 AM
I'm planning on it! Hope to see a lot of members there!

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

downsy
03-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Texas has far from a lot to offer. It's neat to see this happen but for the most part we aren't friendly to any kind of get off the grid and away from it all types. An insanely low percentage of our state is public access land, even less than that is accessible to OHVs. You can run a lot of dirt/gravel county roads but you are flanked on both sides by barbed wire everywhere you go. Compared to the western states in regards to land access and use we are downright pathetic. I do love my state of Texas but I miss being able to truly free travel a state only seeing pavement every once in a while and having free dispersed camping pretty much anywhere you throw a rock.

I gotta go to Oklahoma and Arkansas to even get a taste of what I experienced out west when stationed there.

Best of luck to the organizers I hope it takes off and if I didn't have to work I'd be there but there's a reason that events like this aren't common in Texas.

Mudderoy
03-21-2019, 06:09 PM
Texas has far from a lot to offer. It's neat to see this happen but for the most part we aren't friendly to any kind of get off the grid and away from it all types. An insanely low percentage of our state is public access land, even less than that is accessible to OHVs. You can run a lot of dirt/gravel county roads but you are flanked on both sides by barbed wire everywhere you go. Compared to the western states in regards to land access and use we are downright pathetic. I do love my state of Texas but I miss being able to truly free travel a state only seeing pavement every once in a while and having free dispersed camping pretty much anywhere you throw a rock.

I gotta go to Oklahoma and Arkansas to even get a taste of what I experienced out west when stationed there.

Best of luck to the organizers I hope it takes off and if I didn't have to work I'd be there but there's a reason that events like this aren't common in Texas.

Yep, I was really surprised that Texas is fenced. That's a lot of fencing!

Mudderoy
03-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Had fun at the event. A lot of Jeep there.

4.3LXJ
03-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Nice full size. The cool thing about those is that you can cut the fenders out enough that you can run those tires without lifting the Jeep. But to each his own. Glad you made it Tony

XJ Wheeler
03-25-2019, 11:35 AM
That waggy won best of show too.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.