PDA

View Full Version : My ON BOARD AIR project

Mudderoy
07-23-2018, 10:56 AM
I've had all this stuff for a long time, but getting the air locker (and soon to be 2nd air locker) installed means I need an OBA if I want to use the lockers.

After pulling out all the pieces and mocking them up on the garage floor I decided I needed to mount the compressor and tank.

Doing it this way allows me to use the mountaineering rack as a way to tie down the OBA and rack using the same attachment points.

I need to run the power line
Wire it up to a relay
Attach the switch from the overhead switch panel to the trigger pin on the relay
run the hose from the tank to the Viair 6 port manifold that came in a few days ago (it will be mounted under the hood).
Run a line from the manifold to the Viair pressure gauge on the a-pillar
Then run the blue air line from the ARB solenoid mounted on the manifold back to the C 8.24 locker.
I'll go ahead and install the 2nd ARB solenoid on the manifold and wire it up to the ARB switch on the overhead. It will be ready once the ARB locker has been installed in the Dana 30.

The front blue airline will be the easiest and shortest.

Oh! And MOST importantly will be connection and mounting of the 153 db air horn!

That will be 5 out of the 6 ports that are on the manifold.

4.3LXJ
07-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Going to have the tank in back eh? I am going to move mine out of the cargo area and make my own tanks that go in the body cavity. Trying to free that space up. I imagine having the air horn hooked up will give you an extra 10 mph in traffic :D

cj4a nz
07-27-2018, 02:27 AM
Steve where are these cavaties you speak of , more silly ideas for me:smiley-scared003: and like the horn idea:D

Alwayssideways
07-27-2018, 04:49 AM
Awesome. I hope to do the same soon. Following

4.3LXJ
07-27-2018, 05:11 AM
Steve where are these cavaties you speak of , more silly ideas for me:smiley-scared003: and like the horn idea:D

Inside the body, above the fender well. I can make a tank out of 3" PVC, drill and tap for fittings. Remove the tail light, make a hole and insert through the back up to the door. Mine is a 2 door so I can have a longer one on both sides.

Mudderoy
07-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Inside the body, above the fender well. I can make a tank out of 3" PVC, drill and tap for fittings. Remove the tail light, make a hole and insert through the back up to the door. Mine is a 2 door so I can have a longer one on both sides.

How much volume do you think you'll have?

4.3LXJ
07-27-2018, 11:54 AM
How much volume do you think you'll have?

With both of them, about a little over 2 gallons

carloxj
11-07-2018, 01:40 AM
Interesting project. Any update on it?