PDA

View Full Version : Who's on Twitter?

Mudderoy
12-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I just recently got the board set up so you can "tweet" the posts, and threads here. Just curious how many people actually use Twitter.

If you have a Twitter account, have you tried tweeting a post, or thread here yet?

BlueXJ
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I have been called a twit but if you are refering to the new electronic communications then I don't tweet.

Mudderoy
12-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I have been called a twit but if you are refering to the new electronic communications then I don't tweet.

The other day Newt Gingrich sent out a tweet asking for who you wanted to see run for president. I replied with Ronald Regan. I think it's amazing that I can "talk" to public figures. That's more of an Internet thing than it is a Twitter thing, but still.

A few years back we "Hams" were having a discussion about the Voyager space craft. It had left the solar system and "they" were still able to communicate with it. Being radio guys, we were wondering what the power output of the transmitter on the space craft was.

So I looked up the guy in charge of the project, found his e-mail, and asked him! About two days later he responded with 65 watts! (If memory serves). I reported back to the local HAM group (on 2 meters) what I was told and by whom. I'm still impressed to this day how easy it was to get information straight from someone directly involved.

Think what you will about Al Gore, but the Internet is one hell of an invention! :patriot:

BlueXJ
12-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I so believe Al Gore invented it. Much easier to believe than this global warming farce.

Mudderoy
12-11-2009, 09:26 AM
I so believe Al Gore invented it. Much easier to believe than this global warming farce.

I believed (not so sure now) that global climate change was happening, but I didn't believe that MAN was the man cause.

alwaysxj
12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
sorry i have got to be the only persone to not be on twitter or face book not a big fan of that stuff.

Mudderoy
01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
You can now follow xjtalk on twitter. http://twitter.com/xjtalk :patriot:

tbone
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm on Tweeter but I haven't used it in a while. :patriot:

BlueXJ
01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
The other day Newt Gingrich sent out a tweet asking for who you wanted to see run for president. I replied with Ronald Regan. I think it's amazing that I can "talk" to public figures. That's more of an Internet thing than it is a Twitter thing, but still.
. I'm still impressed to this day how easy it was to get information straight from someone directly involved.

Think what you will about Al Gore, but the Internet is one hell of an invention! :patriot:

Mudd you are aware that Ronnie is dead. R.I.P.

Mudderoy
01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Mudd you are aware that Ronnie is dead. R.I.P.

He's not dead, he just went back home.

BlueXJ
01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
He's not dead, he just went back home.
Then Nancy is just misinformed, I take it?????

oderdene
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
i'm there
& i following xjtalk :)