PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk

KH96XJ
05-18-2018, 01:30 AM
Is it just me or is it not working? I can see old chat posts from last year but no forum listing at all. Not been on the site in a while.

Mudderoy
05-18-2018, 07:26 AM
It is not working. I took it down. They run advertisements and pay nothing to xjtalk.com. The new software we are running automatically reformats to fit your phone's screen. I always hate removing functionality but if more forum owners would do this TapaTalk might share revenue with the site (and people) that are providing the content.

denverd1
05-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Tony, thats kinda like asking the city of Katy to pay you to drive down the street, isn't it?

KH96XJ
05-19-2018, 06:00 AM
Makes sense. I was spending some free time cruising some forums on Tapatalk here in the Philippines visiting wife's family. Too damn hot and humid to be out much in the afternoons here, like summer in Texas except it lasts most of the year, and was wondering why there was nothing there anymore.

Mudderoy
05-19-2018, 08:30 PM
Tony, thats kinda like asking the city of Katy to pay you to drive down the street, isn't it?

You're putting Tapatalk in the role of local government? The pathway for communication is the ISPs. I'm paying for that. I paid for the software that runs here, and the hardware it runs on. Also I installed, configured and maintain it. So it's kind of like me paying for everything to build the infrastructure and some company comes along and sets up a store in my town, making sales, etc... and doesn't want to help pay to keep the infrastructure up and running. Wouldn't that be called the black market?

denverd1
05-23-2018, 10:27 AM
I'm not putting Tapatalk anywhere, just trying to understand how it works and perhaps make an analogy. One thing is obvious, you've closed an exit ramp to your town because third party company isn't paying you. Hope it works out to be the right decision.

Mudderoy
05-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Thanks!

I'm not putting Tapatalk anywhere, just trying to understand how it works and perhaps make an analogy. One thing is obvious, you've closed an exit ramp to your town because third party company isn't paying you. Hope it works out to be the right decision.