PDA

View Full Version : Kermit recovering from the Harvey Flood

matchframe
04-23-2018, 08:01 AM
I am just now able to work on my daughter's XJ after it went under water in the Harvey Flood. I have the engine running, the trans flushed and rear end flushed. Right now I am focusing on the interior. Where can I buy new carpet?

Also, all of my jeep parts I had from a '99 XJ went under water and I need to get rid of them. I have an almost complete 4.0 that if someone does not get it, I will haul it off to recycle. That motor did run well when I pulled it but it has sat under cover since 2012. It does not have an intake, it is just the valve cover to the oil pan complete. If anyone wants it let me know and I can email you my address. I have no way to lift it, I lost my engine lift in the flood. I am in Dickinson, TX

XJ Wheeler
04-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Glad to hear it's getting some love.

The carpet is probably gonna have to be from https://www.stockinteriors.com I am just about to order the passengr section for mine from them and another member here (Crist Clapper) just installed his.

I sure wish I could come get that engine. Would like one to build up but with my schedule it's a pipe dream. Good luck!

matchframe
04-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the link! I will order from them.

I really hate to just recycle the 4.0, I rather give to someone who will do something with it. I just can't keep it any longer.

XJ Wheeler
04-26-2018, 11:53 AM
I can definitely understand that. Space is more important sometimes.

If you want you can join this facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonCherokeeParts/ It's for xj parts and there's plenty of members I'm sure would be very happy to get it. Both I and Jim (brasscatz) are admins there as well if that's something you'd be interested in.

bluedragon436
05-02-2018, 04:52 AM
Sorry to hear that Kermit was a victim of Harvey.. But glad to hear that he's getting love, and going to come out of it strong, and not just discarded as many vehicles were after the flood waters receded..

Brasscatz
05-07-2018, 10:33 PM
Poor Kermit can't catch a break. How'd your house and family fare? We got lucky here in Cypress.... 90% of my neighborhood was under water though

matchframe
05-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Poor Kermit can't catch a break. How'd your house and family fare? We got lucky here in Cypress.... 90% of my neighborhood was under water though

We got 36 inches of water in our house for four days. The water level was bad enough but the current going through the house even though all doors and windows were closed caused most of the damage. We pretty much lost everything since furniture all floated and flipped over. Kermit had water just under the dash gauges. House is now finished and we are living back home now. Insurance was good to us, we basically got a new house, same location.

Brasscatz
05-22-2018, 09:51 PM
Glad you got it sorted out, buddy.