PDA

View Full Version : New old jeeper

DonJeep
04-05-2018, 12:36 PM
I had a CJ-5 back in the 80's. I was a big game hunter here in Colorado.

Im was an 80% Disabled Vietnam Veteran at the time and really put the CJ to the test while hunting.

I'm a third generation native, my great grandparents settled during the gold rush and were good miners. I love to explore the old mining roads and trails. My disabilities got worse over the years, (I'm currently 100%). Bouncing around in the CJ wasn't fun anymore (I also had little midlife crisis) I traded the CJ for a Triumph Sports Car.

I was was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease last spring and want to do some 4 wheeling while I'm still able. So last fall I bought a 90 Ceheokee Laredo it's a lot more comfortable the he CJ. I'm not interested n serious Off Roading just exploring see the the mining areas and od logging roads.

4.3LXJ
04-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the site. Thank you for your service. I am a Viet Name era vet also. The XJ is much easier on us old folks. I used to have a CJ too that I beat the crap out of.

jonb8
04-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Welcome, I'm with ya... get out there and see it all...

XJ Wheeler
04-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the site and back to the jeep world. I use to live at 10,000 feet on an old gold mine in Colorado and it's one of my biggest regrets moving away. Enjoy the peace of the mountains and exploring!

bluedragon436
04-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the family, and thank you for your service... We have many veterans here, myself included... Look forward to hearing about your adventures with the "new" Jeep!!