PDA

View Full Version : Neutral safety switch

OGCollard
03-03-2018, 08:38 AM
So last week i had a no start. Guages and lights came on, fuel pump was kicking on but starter was not even trying. Nothing. No codes. Put new starter on. Nothing. Took jeep out of park, let it roll a few inches, put in park and it turned on. Drove home and let it set this week. Now it starts with no problem. I was concerned that it was the neutral safety switch so i ordered and got the omix ada nss from rock auto. I guess since i have it i should put the new one on now but am a little concerned about leaving well enough alone. Does the symptom sound like NSS going bad? It starts in neutral and i have back up lights.

4.3LXJ
03-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Yes, the neutral safety switch is either going bad or is in need of cleaning.

OGCollard
03-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Thank you sir! Well i have a nice new super clean one so i will get to switching it out in a little bit here!

4.3LXJ
03-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Keep your old one and clean it up, GENTLY. Then you will have a spare

OGCollard
03-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Ok. Old one. Would start in park and in neutral. New one starts in park only. Do i need to move the nss a little and retighten or is it not supposed to start in neutral.

OGCollard
03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Got it figured. We want them to start on both park and neutral. Done. Nss was not that bad of a gig. Now with new fuel pump, new starter, plugs she fires up fast

4.3LXJ
03-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Glad you got it sorted out