PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal soft

NC_Xplorer
02-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with my brakes. I went wheeling on the 14th of January, by the end of the day my brake pedal was down near the floor. Got home, pulled the wheels off and cleaned all the mud and dirt out from around the brakes. Still had soft pedal issues. Ordered a new master cylinder, installed new master cylinder after bench bleeding. Install master cylinder and bled brake lines 3 times. Still have soft pedal after bleeding the brakes. Could there still be air in the lines and I just need to bleed the brakes more?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

denverd1
02-02-2018, 06:16 PM
You bleeding with pedal pushed down after giving pedal several hard pumps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NC_Xplorer
02-02-2018, 11:19 PM
You bleeding with pedal pushed down after giving pedal several hard pumps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TapatalkYes. Even bought a vacuum pump kit to bleed the lines, worked fine on front brakes, but bleeder screws on drums were leaking air when I cracked them open with vacuum pump attached. I get brake fluid leaking out from around threads when I try to bleed drums.

NC_Xplorer
02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Yes. Even bought a vacuum pump kit to bleed the lines, worked fine on front brakes, but bleeder screws on drums were leaking air when I cracked them open with vacuum pump attached. I get brake fluid leaking out from around threads when I try to bleed drums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TapatalkUPDATE: My father came over this morning and helped me finish bleeding the brakes. It took us 3 hrs of him pumping the brake pedal and me alternating between driver & passenger rear brakes to finally get all the air out of the lines. After that I double checked the front brakes (which were good) before testing the brakes on the road. Brakes are back to normal.

4.3LXJ
02-05-2018, 01:52 PM
I have had the same problem with a vacuum bleeder. Took me a long time to get to the point that I just did it with the wife the old fashioned way

carloxj
11-05-2018, 01:37 AM
Had the same issue. I bled the brakes well enough and I replaced the brake lines.

prerunner1982
11-06-2018, 08:22 AM
I have always had good luck bleeding the brakes (or clutch) myself by putting a hose over the bleeder and run it into a cup with a small amount of brake fluid in the bottom to cover the other end of the hose. Slowly pump the brakes, keep the res full and work your way around. Start at passenger rear, driver's rear, passenger front, and then driver's front. None of the opening and closing the bleeder real fast and fluid squirting everywhere.