PDA

View Full Version : Drill press

denverd1
10-15-2017, 02:26 PM
any of you guys using a drill press? as i get more into working with steel, I think would like using one. But my garage is my shop so a big one isn't going to work.

what are you guys using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
10-15-2017, 03:45 PM
I use a Craftsman 5/8" drill press. Very handy. I have a couple of vises used with milling machines to hold stuff. Going out shortly to use it to drill 1.3" holes in my new switch panel :D

denverd1
10-16-2017, 04:16 AM
solid. exactly what I was looking for

jonb8
10-17-2017, 05:04 AM
My shop is very small also but I just had to make room. I burned up a dozen drills before I bought a big standup from Tractor Supply... I'm not sure how I ever lived without it.

XJ Wheeler
10-20-2017, 12:45 AM
I went the cheap route with harbor freight but I've had it a couple years now and drilled several hundred holes by now with only a few very minor annoyances like the top rattling or the table adjuster loosening. Has been in great service otherwise.

https://m.harborfreight.com/10-in-12-speed-bench-drill-press-60237.html

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

denverd1
10-20-2017, 09:53 AM
My shop is very small also but I just had to make room. I burned up a dozen drills before I bought a big standup from Tractor Supply... I'm not sure how I ever lived without it.

yep. been through 3 in the last 6 months. HD and HF getting tired of exchanging them.

I went the cheap route with harbor freight but I've had it a couple years now and drilled several hundred holes by now with only a few very minor annoyances like the top rattling or the table adjuster loosening. Has been in great service otherwise.

https://m.harborfreight.com/10-in-12-speed-bench-drill-press-60237.html

Looks like a nice unit. 12 speeds, eh? :drinking: What size chuck on it?

XJ Wheeler
10-25-2017, 10:16 AM
yep. been through 3 in the last 6 months. HD and HF getting tired of exchanging them.

Looks like a nice unit. 12 speeds, eh? :drinking: What size chuck on it?
5/8". This is one tool I've really put through the ringer.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.