PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for xj

HomerXJ
10-10-2017, 07:42 AM
I have a 2000 jeep Cherokee sport and would like to know what would be the best headlights with color to them like oracle lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
10-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Are you looking for brighter lights or a certain color?

Pookapotamus
10-10-2017, 09:11 AM
I use a set of piaa replacement lenses that convert to H4 bulbs, then you can put whatever bulb in that you want.

HomerXJ
10-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Are you looking for brighter lights or a certain color?

Both I have stock lighting right now

Pookapotamus
10-10-2017, 09:43 AM
For brighter lights, upgrade the wiring to the lights, it’s a bit too small of a gauge for the current draw, you can get dramatically brighter lights with one gauge size thicker. Also upgrade the connector to the light itself.

4.3LXJ
10-10-2017, 11:08 AM
I use an H4 conversion housing and IPF Fatboy bulbs. Good headlight and much better than stock. It has the traditional yellow/white coloring. However there are lots of other types of bulbs out there. What I have found on my car is that cheap doesn't pay. Most of the LEDs are 6000K, which is a bright white. 5500K is what standard headlights are and are easier to see with at night. My light bar is 6000K and is just as bright as daylight, but I like the color of my headlights better

Pookapotamus
10-10-2017, 11:53 AM
I run a set of fat boys too love them! But that being said in the 3 or 4 years since finishing Mort, I think I have barely over an hour of use on them, I just don’t see the point of having bright headlights in the city, I just use my driving lights.

denverd1
10-10-2017, 02:45 PM
everything is an improvement! LEDs are much cheaper than they were 18 months or so ago when I did mine, would definitely take a look at them.

i'm running H4 bulbs on PIAA harness IIRC

bluedragon436
10-10-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm running some of the cheap Chinese knockoff LED headlights.. I love the output them.. but hate the flickering that they end up with.. so think since I don't drive it as much @ night.. that I'm going to swap it back over to the H4 Hella housings I have and the upgraded harness I'm already running... and once I get back into having cash flow again, I'll look into going with either nice LED bulbs in the housings or just keep running the 80/100w Hella bulbs I have..

HomerXJ
10-14-2017, 07:50 AM
I use an H4 conversion housing and IPF Fatboy bulbs. Good headlight and much better than stock. It has the traditional yellow/white coloring. However there are lots of other types of bulbs out there. What I have found on my car is that cheap doesn't pay. Most of the LEDs are 6000K, which is a bright white. 5500K is what standard headlights are and are easier to see with at night. My light bar is 6000K and is just as bright as daylight, but I like the color of my headlights better

Anything that is brighter than my headlight will so I'm going to try this conversion housing and see what it does for me thank you for the help